*new* Olight H2R Pro headlamp

hahoo

Enlightened
Re: Where are they going?

so when the crap will they start selling it?
/kills me coming out with this stuff and having to wait months to buy it

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

I heard some tweety bird singing the tune of "End of May" by Michael Buble... :naughty:

So... Olight H2R Nova will be release soon... where is the M1R then? grrrrrrr....

For those who are interested, a new 18650-based headlamp is coming from Olight real soon (hopefully for real this time, that's what was said about the M1R too... and M1R is nowhere to be found...), this headlamp will be using XHP50, available in Cool White or Neutral White tint, comes together with a 3000mAh "customized" LiIon battery (wait, what?! 3000mAh??? are you :sigh: kidding me? Why not 3500mAh like the one used in S30RIII?)... and a whooping two thousand three hundred lumens bright, yes, 2,300 lumens bright mode...
for...
err...
3 minutes!!! :tired:
well... compare to H1R, at least now we can burn the H2R at 600 lumens non-stop for 2.5 hours straight. LOL!

jakehinds

Newly Enlightened
Seems like a cool little light. But too big as a headlamp I feel, especially when moving briskly

proceed5

Enlightened

I heard some tweety bird singing the tune of "End of May" by Michael Buble... :naughty:

So... Olight H2R Nova will be release soon... where is the M1R then? grrrrrrr....

For those who are interested, a new 18650-based headlamp is coming from Olight real soon (hopefully for real this time, that's what was said about the M1R too... and M1R is nowhere to be found...), this headlamp will be using XHP50, available in Cool White or Neutral White tint, comes together with a 3000mAh "customized" LiIon battery (wait, what?! 3000mAh??? are you :sigh: kidding me? Why not 3500mAh like the one used in S30RIII?)... and a whooping two thousand three hundred lumens bright, yes, 2,300 lumens bright mode...
for...
err...
well... compare to H1R, at least now we can burn the H2R at 600 lumens non-stop for 2.5 hours straight. LOL!

Say what ... ?? ... another customised battery that is gonna be different from those I already have for my S30RIII and S30RII ???

Olight are always producing customised batteries ...

Ya, Rookiedaddy, you ought to write to Olight to inform them their fans are tired of waiting for their X9 and M1R m2R m3R series .. .. .. .. ..

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened

for...
err...

I'd wager it's an IMR cell if it's pulling 2000+ lumens, hence like the Klarus XT11GT more drain bit less capacity. Probably be able to use normal cells just wont hit the highest output
I don't mind big power, but the appeal would likely be long run times are low to mid settings. I could see a place for something in between say a 14500/AA model too you'd get better run times v the CR123a (a bit) and the ability to use common AA's. Just an idea that's how I'd go about a 3 model line up

proceed5

Enlightened

And so Today the 25th day of May in year of 2017, Olight has finally revealed their H2R Nova model on the website, albeit the descriptions on site is nothing more than an advertisement teaser.

Alright boys, now, which of you great reviewers will be reviewing or giving a heads-up of the Olight H2R-Nova, we gladly awaits your generous, true and fair views of the H2R-Nova.

Hehe :D

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened

And so Today the 25th day of May in year of 2017, Olight has finally revealed their H2R Nova model on the website, albeit the descriptions on site is nothing more than an advertisement teaser.

Alright boys, now, which of you great reviewers will be reviewing or giving a heads-up of the Olight H2R-Nova, we gladly awaits your generous, true and fair views of the H2R-Nova.

Hehe :D

A review is a review or should be and mention good/bad areas. It's true there are a lot of unboxing channels or people who just smile on camera or desk video it and say wow great without testing things properly. That's why I usually have a +/- list at the end of every torch review. The other reason is if you don't mention this it's a bit of a waste of time for the viewer and company, product improvement is important. :wave:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

A review is a review or should be and mention good/bad areas. It's true there are a lot of unboxing channels or people who just smile on camera or desk video it and say wow great without testing things properly. That's why I usually have a +/- list at the end of every torch review. The other reason is if you don't mention this it's a bit of a waste of time for the viewer and company, product improvement is important. :wave:

Yes, I have been enjoying your reviews Mr Baz. If you guys have not subscribed to his YouTube feed your missing out. :thumbsup:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with all the comments. I dont see this lite being able to crank out 2500 lumens (why would you want that in a head lam). want real moon light and diffused beam for hiking and running. Also neutral white

Thanks

Depends on how fast you run.

Hopefully the headband is more comfortable than my h25.

And why doesn't someone make a headlamp with a magnetic control ring?

proceed5

Enlightened

Yes Mr Baz, please continue to make great video reviews and will be looking forward to watch your reviews :wave:

proceed5

Enlightened

Olight has mentioned that the battery that will be shipped with the H2R Nova is Li-Ion code number ORB-186G30,
a) is this IMR cell ?
b) can we use our existing customised cells from our S30RII and S30RIII and still be able to get 2300 lumen ?

These are my queries, if any Reviewers would be kind enough to please try answer this ...
Thank you and best regards

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened

I would if I had the light but I don't. I've not heard when it's out on release but will let you know if I get sent a sample. Of course this is something I would test. Unlikely you'd get the full power with a normal cell based on other torches I've used. IMR can handle the bigger drain
Thanks for the comment, there is a downside some makers won't supply samples Nitecore completely ignore my emails even on products I bought myself. That's life I guess I won't change :tinfoil:

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

This light is officially on sale for pre-order at Olightstore.com. Looks to have good mode spacing, tir optics and neutral white tint option. May be my birthday present this year.

proceed5

Enlightened

Let's wait for the upcoming reviews by our great reviewer friends.
We thank you in advance for taking your time to review this Light :D

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened

Well it's a quick look/unboxing not what I call a review but might be of some use. Working on the review right now takes a bit of time to get the tests done/beam shots etc

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened

Well it's a quick look/unboxing not what I call a review but might be of some use. Working on the review right now takes a bit of time to get the tests done/beam shots etc

Nothing to see anyway.......

its a 750 lumen headlamp that bursts a brighter light for 30 seconds, big deal!

maukka

Enlightened

This time Olight got something very right. Just look at these tints on the CW and NW H2R models. Hotspot and two measurements from the spill.

yR49YvX.png

That's on turbo. On the lower modes the tint shifts a bit above the BBL, but just a bit, especially the NW is quite nice indeed.

On the other hand, now we need a real neutral white. The NW is more like warm at 3800 K.

Review coming soon.

Last edited:

proceed5

Enlightened

This time Olight got something very right. Just look at these tints on the CW and NW H2R models. Hotspot and two measurements from the spill.

That's on turbo. On the lower modes the tint shifts a bit above the BBL, but just a bit, especially the NW is quite nice indeed.

On the other hand, now we need a real neutral white. The NW is more like warm at 3800 K.

Review coming soon.

Wow, thanks maukka, if it is really 3800 kelvin tint, that will be Great !