New Olights

kj2

Flashaholic
Today I visited the Olight distributor here in the Netherlands, talked a bit about Olight lights and took a printed 2014 catalog.
I compared it with the pdf-catalog Olight posted earlier and I noticed, that the R26 Falcon isn't in the printed catalog.
Wonder if it got cancelled, so will contact Olight about this.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Today I visited the Olight distributor here in the Netherlands, talked a bit about Olight lights and took a printed 2014 catalog.
I compared it with the pdf-catalog Olight posted earlier and I noticed, that the R26 Falcon isn't in the printed catalog.
Wonder if it got cancelled, so will contact Olight about this.

That is bad news and a bad decision if true,that was probably my most wanted olight the r26 along with the sr52

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Regarding the SR51 Olight says that they are doing a small release of the left over SR51 bodies with an upgrade to XM-L2 diode.After that it will be discontinued in favor for the SR52. Further info regarding the upgraded SR51 specs and availability is not available yet, but it will be soon.

ven

Flashaholic
Got answer back from Olight. The R26 is currently cancelled. :(

:thinking: i would love to know a little behind the scenes and real reasons why..........

I know for sure the r26 out of all the new olights was the one that made me think very :cool: and wanted.......

I am sure they would read feedback on here,researching etc at times too,iirc quite a few pointed that light out over the others when the catalogue was released.

Very disappointing..........:sigh:

kj2

Flashaholic
:thinking: i would love to know a little behind the scenes and real reasons why..........

I know for sure the r26 out of all the new olights was the one that made me think very :cool: and wanted.......

I am sure they would read feedback on here,researching etc at times too,iirc quite a few pointed that light out over the others when the catalogue was released.

Very disappointing..........:sigh:
Have emailed Olight two weeks ago, but still no answer. Will try to get an answer from Olight via Marketplace.

ven

Flashaholic
Have emailed Olight two weeks ago, but still no answer. Will try to get an answer from Olight via Marketplace.

Thank you for the update kj2.................again disappointing regarding oilight:sigh: communication does not seem a strong point with some brands:thinking:

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I confirmed with Olight that the project has not been canceled. The light will probably change in appearance and name, but they are still planning on making it. They are shooting for a release in the next couple of months.