New Orb Ti

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Orb Alu & Ti Available Now

I am sure you will be Safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif

Polar_Hops

Enlightened

Ok, I'm pretty much up for the Ti. I have my money "almost ready", pending to make sure that that other $1000 or so is avaliable to me. Can i reserve it yet? =)

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please be clearer. Do I have to order a replacement or can I use any type of cordage? Does it just slip through the magnet?
Also, is there a spot reflector/lens combo that you can recommend or install? I want little or no sidespill if possible.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

You would have to order a replacement. But it would be possible to change for your own cordage.
Orb is fitted with SO17XA reflector (good spot), You could install NX05 or frean LP.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Orb, thanks for answering my questions. Still not clear... What would one order for a replacement? The magnet? Do these break?
I like the idea of the lanyard, it's just that I want to be able to replace it any time. Does the knot just slip into the magnet?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

So far none have broken, The ends of the cord are attached to the lanyard capsule. these could be removed & you could then re attach your new cord.
Also they will be available online www.theorb.co.uk soon for a few $$s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

again, what would be available online, the lanyard capsule? How do you attach the cord, exactly?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Complete lanyard assembly will be available.
Also spare magnets.
The cord is bonded to the capsules. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

So how does one replace the cord? Do I snip the cord then discard the capsule? Or can a new cord be easily attached to the capsule? Is there a difference between magnet/capsule? 1 or 2 parts?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, we are getting no where fast. If you buy a Orb Your lanyard will last a good lenth of time. When / if you decide to replace the cord your self it will become apparent how you can go about this. Failing that you can buy a replacement lanyard for a few dollars.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, cool, I carry my light around by the lanyard alot (that's the feature about the orb that I like) and was mostly concerned about that. I didn't want to be locked into the original cord. Thanks for your responses. I appreciate your 'availability' so close to shipping time.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened

Hello. I got my CPF Orb. Are these not waterproof? I put mine in the sink, and well, it has water droplets on the glass. What type of tool do I need to open the head, where can i get one, and how much would it cost? Hopefully this can be answered. Right now instead of a nice even flood, there's parts of flood, and parts of mini spot where the flood should be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my Orb light today. I like it!! Cool little light. I've been showing everyone here at work. One question, is there a way to cause more drag on the "on" button. It slips in and out too easy, I'm thinking of adding something on it(piece of tape) to cause some more drag. Other then that, SWEET!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks!!

Blades

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay, now I need a pouch/holster to carry my Orb. Any idea's??

Blades

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I Forgot About this thread,
Sorry no real ideas from me about a holster.
There a small movie here : Movie
Showing how easy the Orb is to operate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

What alloy does the aluminum orb use? Or is it pure aluminum?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can find out the grade if important.
It is an alloy & I requested the CNC shop used the most corosion resistant possible.