New Pelican 2690

GK911

Newly Enlightened
I see the good people at Pelican have come out with a new headlamp.

http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail.php?recordID=2690

Retails for about $33 us.

60 lumens of LED light, 10 hours of battery burn time and weighing in at 4.1 ounces, 3AAA batteries.

What do you all think? Appears to only have on / off. Would be better if it had an additonal 5 lumen setting.

Appreciate a review if anyone gets thier hands on one. Can't beat the pelican warranty.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks pretty nice.

Is this the first Cree-based dedicated headlamp?

Not at all, may other manufacturers have had cree based lamps out for the summer outdoors season. One of the first ones came out last winter form Coleman.

Being the headlamp connoisseur that I am, I'm not much impressed by it, not for that price. The only thing that makes it decent are the certifications imo.
3AAA, no regulation, no modes ... :(

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
Wow. Good price, good warranty. What's the downside? Is it regulated?

I need another headlamp like I need a hole in the head...

so where can I order one? :)

blademan

Enlightened
A rep just gave me one of these for helping him out. I'm going to put it through the paces and see how it does.

fishx65

Enlightened
Looks pretty nice. Looking forward to your report Blade. I really like the 3aaa form factor with the batteries up front. Allows me to use my aaa rechargeables and I don't like a battery pack on the back of my skull. I really want to know how easy the switch operates and what kind of beam pattern and tint it has.

blademan

Enlightened
The beam pattern is real good. It has a wide spill beam and plenty of throw. The tint on mine is warm.