New Professional's Favorite 20 Million Plus Candlepower Spotlight

BVH

Flashaholic
Rule of thumb - Watt for Watt, HID outputs 3 times that of Incandescent. 100 Watt HID system would equal 300 Watt Incan. However, many "100 Watt ballasts" output 80 to 85 Watts so real world comparison is closer to 100 Watt HID system = about 250 Watt Incan. Still more than the 170 watt Incan bulb. Yes, there are some of these or similar large spotlights that have been modded with 100 Watt systems.

Digital

Newly Enlightened
When anyone got their light was it already charged? or was it completely dead? I ask because the box looked to be opened and damaged like it was a return. Just want to make sure I got a fresh new light. I'm trying to distinguish between the "dim" partially charged light that is supposed to be from the factory charge or the result of a charged unit.

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
I have seen a unit or two of these at autozone or something like that, and they were collecting A TON of dust, I even thought of telling them to give it to me for like $20, because the battery would have been dead by now:)

Samy

Enlightened
It's a great light for the price but it's limitations are size and battery life. I bought one of these 2-3 years ago because I need a powerful spotlight for my property. I ended up not using it much because it's too large and cumbersome to use and the battery didn't last very long after a full charge. I now carry a TK41 or an ST20 which although are not quite as bright, can fit in my pocket and the batteries last much longer.

Cheers

FJRick

Newly Enlightened
Well I ordered 2 of these Monsters from Advance Auto last night, one to keep stock and one to use for a HID mod! I'll just be using them for play.

FJRick

Last edited by a moderator:

cccpull

Enlightened
Well I ordered 2 of these Monsters from Advance Auto last night, one to keep stock and one to use for a HID mod! I'll just be using them for play.

FJRick

Did you get the 20% online discount?

bdbwtie

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone found a good place to buy replacement bulbs for these?? I cant manage to find them anywhere and advance was of no help.
Can this light handle a bigger bulb, like a 100/170?? this unit is always plugged in via cigarrete lighter when ever in use so battery shouldnt be of an issue. But can the internals handle the bigger buld?

bwalls

Newly Enlightened
I just found one of these at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It doesn't have the AC charger with it. What is the transformed voltage it's designed to charge with?

Venge

Newly Enlightened
lKMv8skb.jpg

I to had a thrift store find..I'm sure judging from the dates of most of the previous post that I will need to replace the battery. I already know I need a new charger. I've seen several previous mentions of people intending to mod this light. Now that's it's been around a while.What have people done with it? Any instruction/suggestions of what to do with mine? I'll admit...While I've always had a love for bright flash lights. I've haven't yet modded one. Any help/info would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
This host is a pretty easy mod for a HID/ballast kit. You need to find a HID bulb that is designed to replace the type of halogen lamp you have in that light which is probably an H4. It is important that you have a lamp with a single arc, no filament, and that the arc is where the high beam filament would normally be. Otherwise you will have a bad focus. There is a website that I got a kit from and it worked really well in a different host but this one is very similar to a Peak brand spotlight I have. I will see if I can find the website and let you know. The salesperson was good to work with and gave me what I needed for a spotlight mod and understood the difference between using it for this application instead of automotive.

Venge

Newly Enlightened
This host is a pretty easy mod for a HID/ballast kit. You need to find a HID bulb that is designed to replace the type of halogen lamp you have in that light which is probably an H4. It is important that you have a lamp with a single arc, no filament, and that the arc is where the high beam filament would normally be. Otherwise you will have a bad focus. There is a website that I got a kit from and it worked really well in a different host but this one is very similar to a Peak brand spotlight I have. I will see if I can find the website and let you know. The salesperson was good to work with and gave me what I needed for a spotlight mod and understood the difference between using it for this application instead of automotive.
Thank you very much for the reply. Is there a thread that covers the conversion,or is it pretty self evident once I start taking it apart. It has also been suggested that I convert to lithium ion. I am also very interested on instruction to do such a conversion. Wonder what the candlepower is after HID?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is where I got the kit that I used for my mod. http://www.superbrighthids.com/ As far as the mod goes, I would not worry about trying to use a different kind of battery chemistry or anything. If you would go that route you could end up with a much more complicated light than needed and much more expensive, too. There are probably some mod threads around here with pics but I am not sure. I didn't find the mod too difficult but I have some experience with electronics and wiring. If you get a proper focus and a bright HID lamp and ballast kit you will have a noticeable increase in candlepower and also lumen output, too. They also have less powerful HID kits with smaller ballasts that can fit inside the host. The ballast I had which was from their 75 watt kit was too large to fit inside the host like yours. That is something to take into consideration for sure.

CaptDarth

Newly Enlightened
Please give me the spec's for ac adapter for the Prosessional's Favorite 20M and possibly where to buy one. THANKS (my model is APF103, date code H033, just in case)

Kubbie

Newly Enlightened
Hello, been off the forums for about a decade. Sorry to revive a post about the same age.

I just found my 20M CP Professional light in the basement. Forgot about it because the lead acid battery has been dead for years.

Question - Since it originally had a 60 watt H4 socket halogen bulb, can I replace it with an automotive 60 watt H4 LED headlight bulb ? It should get a good +/- 3x lumen output bump, just not sure if a car headlight bulb will focus properly with this type reflector.

(FYI - I replaced the battery 6MF7 7-amp hour SLA battery with a new 10 amp hour LiFePo4 battery)

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not likely to be even 1 million CP, hopefully I didn't pop your "bubble". Those Chinese lights were always exaggerated by about 20X or more. Lead acid battery and halogen bulb are a "giveaway", you'd be doing well most likely to get 500,000 CP in reality. Someone else here can likely answer your bulb compatibility questions.

Latest posts