New Ra Lights products (Part 6)

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened
Dropping prices is a welcome sign, but I don't think the price was much of an issue for most people. I would rather pay a premium price and receive a quality checked working product, than pay a cheaper price and find that quality isn't being addressed in favour of getting more orders out of the door and more money in the bank.

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
Now I can get a custom build for less than an off the shelf.

I thought those that follow this thread would be interested to know that Ra droped their prices yesterday--and quite considerably for some options.

I have been waiting on the 200 for more than two months, but when I checked the site and saw I could order a custom 170 for only $179 plus shipping, I couldn't resist and finally ordered a custom 170 Executive with SS bezel, flush tailcap, and black clip. I am very excited to receive my first Ra!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I brought up the page and it still showed up the same old price. I had to refresh to clear the cache. Yup only a $40 premium vs $80 now for the 170cn.

Good news for you late adopters, I guess supply exceded demand.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news! Not only because of the lower cost, but because a price drop usually means they have improved the manufactering process and have increased their production capacity. This is the way I've interpreted the past decreases more so than anything else.

At $99 and $149 though the price was not really the issue. The 170 was a little pricey in the past, the 200 quite pricey.

While I wait to get an Ra Clicky, I'll be trying my new AAA LF2-XT as my new 'light' weight summer EDC. They will hopefully start work on the AA LF5-XT and that will be my next EDC. My NovaTac, Jet-III-Mw, and Twisty are never too far away though. During the the summer days though I need something smaller in my pocket quite often. LiteFlux has a terrific EDC beam. The AAA may not have quite enough runtime, but the cells are so small keeping an extra handy is pretty easy. It's a good time to be a Flashaholic!

callmaster

Enlightened
The price drop is very welcomed. I just want to see brighter versions now! 240Cn come on over!

So now he drops the prices for the rest of the products and comes out with some 240Cns or something at a slightly higher price.

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The price drop is very welcomed. I just want to see brighter versions now! 240Cn come on over!

So now he drops the prices for the rest of the products and comes out with some 240Cns or something at a slightly higher price.
It appears they would have to warm up to the idea of using a different emitter to make this happen. However there are a number of new options (or very close), so Henry may be ready to offer another one, or make a switch.

prime77

Enlightened
I understand that the Tactical Clicky will run for over one hour at 100 lumens after it steps down from 141 lumens. Does that mean that the EDC Tactical will run for 1 hour at 85 lumens after it steps down from 120?

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
It appears they would have to warm up to the idea of using a different emitter to make this happen. However there are a number of new options (or very close), so Henry may be ready to offer another one, or make a switch.

interesting observation! What do you think is coming up? It's been far too long now since I've spent much time reading here - the initial Clicky issues had me depressed :sigh: However, reading Henry's last post has me thinking again that my Twisty needs a brother :twothumbs

mwaldron

Enlightened
I understand that the Tactical Clicky will run for over one hour at 100 lumens after it steps down from 141 lumens. Does that mean that the EDC Tactical will run for 1 hour at 85 lumens after it steps down from 120?

Yes that's correct, a Ra Clicky will run at the stepped-down brightness (step varies by model) for over an hour.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
If you order a custom Clicky with a Ti bezel installed, it comes engraved. It can also come black. I have a Cc170nCtbBRT that is like this.

safd

Newly Enlightened
Well I just sent mine back, because I wasn't sure that the one I had was Ti. Oh well, Henry was really cool about it. I miss it though.
ben

callmaster

Enlightened

Definitely. But the OSRAM emitter right now is most impressive. For such a small thing, 200 lumens OTF is insane.

I wouldn't want to see a P7 in there anytime soon though :poke:

Bucky

Enlightened
I ordered my custom 170 on Monday and it arrived here today already and I couldn't be more pleased.

The anodizing and bezel/tailcap alignment are all perfect and so is the beam. The "click" action is the most responsive and precise I've ever experienced and has much better action than the EX10 or LF3XT. The SureFire E1B/E2DL tailcap is great too, but this is the best option for a light routinely requiring multiple clicks in succession.

It took me a few minutes to realize I had to actually enter into the customization mode before changing the levels, but once I did it was extremely easy to change each setting to my liking.

I don't mind the clip as much as some here do, but I think it would be better if it ended just before the body narrowed and was about 2/3 as wide. I do like the deep pocket carry aspect, but the resulting clip protrusion out of your pocket is just so large and noticeable. It does work well on a belt, but I think most people use the clip for pocket use.

To me, this is about the perfect light. From the UI to the form factor, size, weight, output, quality, and versatility; I can't think of too many ways a small EDC light could be much better. It's not the best CR123 light for every situation--I think the SureFire Titan T1A and E1B still have their strong suits and are better for cetain tasks--but I think the Clicky is the best overall CR123 light out there.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my custom 170 on Monday and it arrived here today already and I couldn't be more pleased.

My 170 has been ordered on June the 1st and still no news :(

Bucky

Enlightened
My 170 has been ordered on June the 1st and still no news :(

Obviously I have no idea when or if you light has shipped, but maybe it shipped shortly after you ordered it and there just has been a delay in it arriving in Italy?

FWIW, I didn't receive a notice of shipping so just because you haven't received an e-mail alerting you that your light shipped, doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't shipped.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Obviously I have no idea when or if you light has shipped, but maybe it shipped shortly after you ordered it and there just has been a delay in it arriving in Italy?

FWIW, I didn't receive a notice of shipping so just because you haven't received an e-mail alerting you that your light shipped, doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't shipped.

Don't get me wrong :)
I was :( (sad) and not angry.
I SHOULD receive notice of shipment, as I asked and paid for USPS Global Express Mail to have a really fast, reliable and fully trackable means of shipment. Without tracking number I'd be lost anyway ;)

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have the 140CN in about a week and can't wait to get it....will register it then!

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting observation! What do you think is coming up? It's been far too long now since I've spent much time reading here - the initial Clicky issues had me depressed :sigh: However, reading Henry's last post has me thinking again that my Twisty needs a brother :twothumbs

Hopefully this means the full Ti Clickie is coming soon...