Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
From this thread

With RCR
Novatac From 120 Lumens - 35 minutes till first stepdown
Novatac From 85 Lumens - 62 minutes till first stepdown

Scroll down that thread for more runtime charts with CR and RCR batteries.

Edit: Our Ra lights are consistently putting out an average of ~66 minutes on RCR123 and ~94 for CR123 at 100lm.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Thank you for clarifying for me!

I had trouble figuring out why Henry would make it less efficient that his previous light. Good to hear he didn't. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened
From this thread

With RCR
Novatac From 120 Lumens - 35 minutes till first stepdown
Novatac From 85 Lumens - 62 minutes till first stepdown

Scroll down that thread for more runtime charts with CR and RCR batteries.

Ah, there we go, about 95min at 85lumens on a CR123 primary. I have a feeling that if the NT120P had a 100lumen setting (which it doesn't), it would be getting around 1hr on a CR123 primary. Sound familiar?

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 85 or 100lm for one hour claim is extremely conservative. You will most likely get a much longer runtime than that with your Ra.

My 140Cn runs 100 minutes at 100lm with primary cells.

Last edited:

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
The 85 or 100lm for one hour claim is extremely conservative. You will most likely get a much longer runtime than that with your Ra.

My 140Cn runs 100 minutes at 100lm with primary cells.

I agree with Mr. Cool here. :cool:
On primaries, the Ra design exceeds the 1 hour spec at 100lm considerably.
I don't think we can talk about what the EDCE/T models will do until we get them and run them..

kromeke

Enlightened
Well, my novatac is 1.020" and the Ra click prototype I have is 1.030"

So if you want to split hairs, then yes, the NT is a little bit smaller.

I said they were essentially the same. I am a machinist, I didn't think you guys would call me on a difference of around .01". Guess I was wrong.

I'd say that you couldn't feel the difference in size with your hand.

pipspeak

Enlightened
I wonder if the perceived difference in thickness is actually due to the fact that the light is longer, which will make it *feel* thinner :grin2:

Another quick question... the Ra PDF and a few posts talked of a 170-lumen model (sorry, I mean 120 lumen ;)) Was that discontinued or is it planned? There's no mention of it ont he Ra site.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say that you couldn't feel the difference in size with your hand.

Yet the Ra does feel slimmer. Like I said, it could be mostly psychological, but it does feel noticeably slimmer.

Can any one else confirm this, or am I alone here?

Last edited:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the perceived difference in thickness is actually due to the fact that the light is longer, which will make it *feel* thinner :grin2:

Another quick question... the Ra PDF and a few posts talked of a 170-lumen model (sorry, I mean 120 lumen ;)) Was that discontinued or is it planned? There's no mention of it ont he Ra site.

On rare occasion, Henry runs into an emitter which is capable of that output and runtime.

He has been leaking these out here and there and also charges a premium for them.

Last edited:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think we can talk about what the EDCE/T models will do until we get them and run them..

True, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. But I think it's pretty safe to assume the EDCE/T models will have a great runtime.

EDIT: I just realized I can selectively remove my sigline from posts. Ahh, that's better, sorry guys.

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
EDIT: I just realized I can selectively remove my sigline from posts. Ahh, that's better, sorry guys.
I for one feel cheated. Although removing it is easier on the eyes, YOU are not YOU anymore. You are now a garden variety CPF member, with nothing more than a pair of beans for an identity. :faint:

Jeff

DM51

Flashaholic
OK Mr. Beans, your thread is now >400 posts, so we need a Part 2. Please go ahead and start it, then we can close this one.

If there are any posts you would like copied across from this thread to the new one, let me know.

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
<snip>

If there are any posts you would like copied across from this thread to the new one, let me know.

I think mine have to rank right at the TOP in order of importance. :whistle:

xp66if.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts