New RRT-0: no more Jetbeam lights

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Nah you are fine. It works and you are happy, go with it.
I like mine just fine. I did notice it had some knurling and some stuff written on it.

DM51

Flashaholic
It is a cosmetic matter, but one which you are absolutely entitled to dispute with JB. In your place, I would dispute it vigorously. It is very disappointing that JB have allowed this to happen. It's not as if it affects the actual performance of the light, but it points to very poor quality control, and the problem is that if QC slips in one area, it can slip in others too. That is what members will find disquieting. JB have been responsible for producing some top-notch lights, and it would be a dreadful shame if that was to change.

Budda

Enlightened
Nah you are fine. It works and you are happy, go with it.
I like mine just fine. I did notice it had some knurling and some stuff written on it.

Just a simple question.
If you buy a new car, and It comes with scratches on the paint, but engine and so are working... how would You feel?
I want at least what the seller shows in the product's pictures.

LeifUK

Enlightened
Personally I don't see this as a big deal and the comparison to a car with scratches in the paintwork is not valid in my opinion, in part because scratches will lead to corrosion issues, whereas this is not damage, just cosmetically not the same as online sales images. That is just my personal judgement, and highly subjective. The tail cap was a big deal in my opinion, because it affected functionality, and perhaps that would have been the time to reject the light.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
False advertising plain & simple. If the product is not as pictured in the official advertising, it should be sold/priced as a "second". WYSIWYG it ain't.

Last edited:

LeifUK

Enlightened
False advertising plain & simple. If the product is not as pictured in the official advertising, it should be sold/priced as a "second". WYSIWYG it ain't.

It probably should be a second, especially given that this light is so high priced. DX it ain't.

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
I have a new JetBeam RRT-0 that I really like. The beam quality is terrific and the infinitely variable light is a pleasant feature. 255 OTF lumens from a light only 97mm long doesn't seem half bad either. It looks like the knurling is ground and buffed down about where they intend to print the labels and the printing on mine isn't exactly centered, but this is something that I personally don't care about. The instructions that came with the light were, like Budda's, for a preceding model, but, after discovering this, it only took a few minutes of experimentation to figure out how the light works. I don't know if it's appropriate to mention particular internet retailers on this forum, but the dealer I purchased from offers RRT-0 for $98 and an optional AA extender for another $12. I have a few other JetBeam lights that I've purchased in the last three months (M1XM, two Jet III M, and two PA01) and believe the quality and features have made each one a good buy.

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Have had my RRT-O for a couple of weeks and not impressed. I think the knurling /lettering is a small issue. It looks like they went with eccentric turning rather than mill a flat spot. Came with old insruction manual and no clip. Detent ball and spring were not sitting right and had to wiggle the ring to get it to operate properly.

The real disappointment was the output and throw. No better than my PD20 (xre-q5) which is smaller and cost about a third less. I do like the infinate ring and hidden SOS beacon.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Im always sorry to read about peoples bad experience with their Jet's because Jetbeam is my favorite Chinese manufacturer and I absolutely love all of mine. I have never had any of these cosmetic issues, but I have had a few service issues. Firstly, I will agree with anybody that says Jetbeam themselves are a pain in the *** to deal with when you need to get something fixed. I tried that route once trying to get a replacement lens and they jerked me around for weeks. I decided instead to bring it to the attention of the vendor (Flavio at BOGUSA) and had a new lens in a week. Same thing with a switch issue. BOGUSA had me a new switch in a couple days.

Because of dealing with Jetbeams customer service (I swear they "fake" a language barrier to string me a long and avoid fixing my issue), I will ONLY buy my Jetbeam stuff from a REPUTABLE vendor in case of service issues. Yeah other places might be a bit cheaper, but especialliy with the *$&@&@tty service from Jetbeam, you better know in advance that your dealer will be there in case something goes wrong and BOGUSA is one of the most reputable vendors on this site. There is no doubt in my mind that if this would have been purchased from BOGUSA, Flavio would have switched this out in a second flat. Ive seen threads where he switched out a day old light because the customer did the "reverse polarity trick" and fried it. For this reason, BOGUSA is the ONLY place I will buy a 'beam from.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
So everyone here has suggested contacting the dealer you bought it from, specifically referencing a noted lack of customer service from Jetbeam, and you're still trying the writing Jetbeam approach? :ohgeez:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
So everyone here has suggested contacting the dealer you bought it from, specifically referencing a noted lack of customer service from Jetbeam, and you're still trying the writing Jetbeam approach? :ohgeez:

+1!

You really should try your dealer but if you are this stubborn...

If you are still going to try Jetbeam again, give this guy a PM. He is a Jetbeam Representative that I worked with (painfully) trying to get a part when I needed it.

His CPF Username is EDGETAC

His first name is Kelvin and he was "semi-helpful" . He claims to check his PM every day but it looks like he hasnt been on in a while.. Maybe a PM will be sent to his email and he might help.

This is the signature line of the emails when he helped me:
Kelvin
Jetbeam
Sysmax Industrial Trading Co.

(I did not buy directly from Jetbeam or this "Sysmax", but EDGETAC contacted me when I was posting in another thread about Jetbeams poor service)

Good luck brother.

Last edited:

Budda

Enlightened
Sorry for the delay.

The dealer told me that all the rrt-0 have problem with the knurling. My rrt-0 is just a little worst than the other he has.
From the pictures that are on the internet, you can see that's not only a problem of my dealer.

No news from jetbeam (almost a month is passed and they didn't contact me), neither for assistance, or the clip or the manual.

ironic, the Ba & Bc series (that cost around 50% of RRT-0) looks really perfect machined :thumbsdow

Xacto

Enlightened
Hi Budda,

Really some unplesant experiences. Did you consider returning the whole light to your dealer for a refund and buying a new one in a few months time - hopefully with all issues resolved by then?

I have a Thrunite Scorpion on the way to me and I must admit that I am a little bit nervous, since it is a new product. Originally I intended to wait a few more months, but the offer was too good to pass it up.

Cheers
Thorsten

P.S.: I understand you totally - you paid a high price for a mint product and you have the right to expect a flawless product.

Budda

Enlightened
Yes. I expect to buy what I see in pictures.

I don't know if the seller would accept: let say that He takes my rrt-0... but is Jetbeam that refounds him, right? And I doubt (from JB's behaviour) that they'll accept a return since the light is working...

don't know.

However, I'll be unhappy since this light has a great circuit and a great output.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the delay.

The dealer told me that all the rrt-0 have problem with the knurling. My rrt-0 is just a little worst than the other he has.
From the pictures that are on the internet, you can see that's not only a problem of my dealer.

No news from jetbeam (almost a month is passed and they didn't contact me), neither for assistance, or the clip or the manual.

ironic, the Ba & Bc series (that cost around 50% of RRT-0) looks really perfect machined :thumbsdow

My Bother took my first RRT-0 and my new one turned up today and it is perfect same as the other one. Both mine are R5 is yours R5 or R2 ?
So the dealer said there is a problem with the knurling good ask them to replace it. I have purchased two now both perfect so I do not think it is much of a problem. I think its only yours and it should be replaced by your dealer. All good dealers will replcae in 14 days if you are not happy.

cheers

cheers

madcat816

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to agree with some others, when you pay top dollar you shouldn't run into these issues. Sure some dealers are helpful, but getting replaced still goes back over seas and that takes time..

Still waiting on my Nitecore EX10 since 3/2/11 when the UI started acting outta whack. Might be part of the reason why I've slowly been switching to American made products, or at least ones that are based out of the US.

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Thanks for illustration of the mis-match threads of the body and head. I have returned my
Preon2 titanium black for this exact reason. Anybody experiencing this mis-matched threads on their preons?

Disintergrator66

Newly Enlightened
Im always sorry to read about peoples bad experience with their Jet's because Jetbeam is my favorite Chinese manufacturer and I absolutely love all of mine. I have never had any of these cosmetic issues, but I have had a few service issues. Firstly, I will agree with anybody that says Jetbeam themselves are a pain in the *** to deal with when you need to get something fixed. I tried that route once trying to get a replacement lens and they jerked me around for weeks. I decided instead to bring it to the attention of the vendor (Flavio at BOGUSA) and had a new lens in a week. Same thing with a switch issue. BOGUSA had me a new switch in a couple days.

Because of dealing with Jetbeams customer service (I swear they "fake" a language barrier to string me a long and avoid fixing my issue), I will ONLY buy my Jetbeam stuff from a REPUTABLE vendor in case of service issues. Yeah other places might be a bit cheaper, but especialliy with the *$&@&@tty service from Jetbeam, you better know in advance that your dealer will be there in case something goes wrong and BOGUSA is one of the most reputable vendors on this site. There is no doubt in my mind that if this would have been purchased from BOGUSA, Flavio would have switched this out in a second flat. Ive seen threads where he switched out a day old light because the customer did the "reverse polarity trick" and fried it. For this reason, BOGUSA is the ONLY place I will buy a 'beam from.

+1 concerning Flavio at BOGUSA. Top notch customer service.