+

Received a grey L2N today, the grey is dark,, super stealthy look :caution:
it does in fact feel super in hand.

Fit & finish is spot on, the switch feels positive

..do I like it more than the L2T?

I think so ^^^^:thumbsup:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
L2N will replace my L2T when US dealers will have them stock.

Like the style of L2T but its slippery for me.

betweenrides

Newly Enlightened
+

Received a grey L2N today, the grey is dark,, super stealthy look :caution:
it does in fact feel super in hand.

Fit & finish is spot on, the switch feels positive

+1

Very dark grey almost looks black unless you view in good light. the matte finish is flawless and feels great in hand. I swapped out a reverse clicky switch with an old L2, prefer that over the forward clicky. The new U2 XM-L is very bright.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Various Legoings I've done.

L2N with L2T head.

IMG194.jpg

Now with L2T tailcap and GITD switch boot.

IMG195.jpg

L2T with L2N head and tailcap.

IMG196.jpg

And the L2N as I'll carry it at work, with L2T head, tailcap, toothy aluminium bezel and a Solarforce clip. Dropin the three mode Ultrafire T6.

IMG197.jpg

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cannot, as you can see the dimension:L2N = 136 x 32 x 25.4P1D = 136 x 34 x 27P1D is a little bit fatter and the website didn't mention of accessories such as bezels and tailcaps.
Without having one to actually verify, I will venture a guess that the P1D is Lego-able with the other Solarforce lights based on the fact that my polymer P1 is Lego-able, both bezel and tail. The larger diameter might make fitting a clip a bit more difficult, though.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I might be wrong but want to see a lego P1D with an L2 head and tailcap. Maybe just the dimensions it differs from a regular L2 but the internals is the same.

jcalvert

Enlightened
Hi All,

Despite the L2N not being hard anodized, for those of you who have one, is the anodizing holding up to daily use, or not so much. I would greatly appreciate your feedback, thank you!

-John

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I finally got my L2N saturday and I really like it. Only thing I do not like is how wimpy the o-rings seem. I have dropped it twice though on hard tile and not one scratch I was impressed how the finish has held up.

jcalvert

Enlightened
I finally got my L2N saturday and I really like it. Only thing I do not like is how wimpy the o-rings seem. I have dropped it twice though on hard tile and not one scratch I was impressed how the finish has held up.

Thank you JJ, I really appreciate your feedback.

-John

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be wrong but want to see a lego P1D with an L2 head and tailcap. Maybe just the dimensions it differs from a regular L2 but the internals is the same.
Sorry, I had a brain fart as I had read the words, but, it didn't register that you wanted to see a picture of the P1 Lego'd with another Solarforce. Here's my L2T mixed with the P1. The P1 body with L2T tail cap works fine, but, the L2T body with P1 tail doesn't because the tail cap bottoms out against the body before contact is made. A spacer to fill the gap would do the trick.

1472b2b203e549ee5cd3cc51a4cf1de4.jpg

Last edited:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Thanks PCC! P1D & L2T looked odd when lego'd coz they differ in dimension.

Would like to use the P1D body coz its a little bit fatter with M3 head and S9 tailcap.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Yes, I'll go with that but I want my light to tailstand so I'm gonna use the S9 tailcap and, waiting for US dealers to have them in stock.

betweenrides

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Despite the L2N not being hard anodized, for those of you who have one, is the anodizing holding up to daily use, or not so much. I would greatly appreciate your feedback, thank you!

-John

John:

I use my lights mainly for night riding (bicycle) and unfortunately the season has pretty much passed so I'm not using the light as much as I'd like to. I do use my L2N for around the house and I'm not really noticing a lot of difference in the finish from the L2P. It really is a nice light and I'm very happy with it.

betweenrides

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of Lego: Thought you might like to see some pics of combinations of various SF Lights:

L2P (Black) on the left, L2N (Gray) on the right:

IMG_0847 by matherd2004, on Flickr

All my Solarforce lights, L2N in the middle:

IMG_0849 by matherd2004, on Flickr

This shot shows the L2N color a little better:

IMG_0850 by matherd2004, on Flickr

Foreground is L2P Head with L2N Bezel and Body:

IMG_0879 by matherd2004, on Flickr

L2N (Gray) leggoed with L2 (Silver):

IMG_0881 by matherd2004, on Flickr

wordwalker3

Newly Enlightened
I recently received an L2N and an L2N with the M3 head as well as four XML-u2 dropins. The m3 was non-functional and one of the dropins was sensitive to light finger tap on the head of the flashlight and two were missing. I emailed solarforce and replacements were sent immediately. They arrived quickly and all were functional. Just when I thought I couldn't be more pleased, I received a second package...a duplicate set of replacements! we worked out a deal as to what to keep and what to return. I am realy pleased by their fast response. It is the first time I've had any problems with an order from Solarforce, but I am very happy at the outcome.

rockhound42

Newly Enlightened
Really happy with my L2N and P1D, L2N has M3 head on at the minute, waiting for an L2T head for it, just about to order a triple Nichia 219 from edc+ for the P1D, xml u2 3 mode will then go in L2N. Will try posting pics when it arrives.........

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used my grey L2N for almost 6 months now, as my primary work light.
It is stored in my pocket together with other stuff, usually my light tools.
So far, the whole body has "aged" pretty gracefully & I must say the scarring make the flashlight look better..
I must say, I'm pretty surprised by the build quality. :thumbup:

IMAG1544.jpg

JonK

Sent from my Awesome phone from somewhere in the mountains

Last edited: