**NEW** Sunwayman V11R (XM-L U2, 500lm)

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am getting a little confuse here, I was under the impression that Sunwayman was going to release a mod kit to make their titanium switch work properly as it should do, considering the price and high quality of the light!
Looking at the kit above this is to change the titanium switch to a rubber one!??? Not what I paid for when I purchased a V11R! Anybody know anymore regarding a Titanium cap update?
Thanks

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Hi I am getting a little confuse here, I was under the impression that Sunwayman was going to release a mod kit to make their titanium switch work properly as it should do, considering the price and high quality of the light!
Looking at the kit above this is to change the titanium switch to a rubber one!??? Not what I paid for when I purchased a V11R! Anybody know anymore regarding a Titanium cap update?
Thanks
It's the same as the way they fumbled the ball during the special edition debate - release a product which hasn't been properly checked for quality then refuse to handle it properly. The only way to do this right would have been to done a new run of properly engineered, spec'd and finished Ti buttons, but since it was more than they cared to spend on the problem they decided to handle it the easiest and cheapest way possible.

I like the feel and operation of the original rubber button on my V10R Ti and think they could have avoided any problems by simply avoiding the temptation to offer the Ti button in the first place, as it's only reason for existence was pure bling. Since they've come up with a decent fix, at least in terms of function, they should keep offering the replacement free of charge, but also include a tiny rebate or discount coupon to make up for the fact that the light as presently sold and advertised (with Ti button) is a poorly executed design.

They won't do it and people will continue to be happy with the V10R series, but I hope that at some point in time, they will get better control over both managements decision making process and quality control issues.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
They've made a minor change to he diameter of the button and lubed it up a lot to dampen it in the new shipments. No word on releasing this tiny update in general.

Snareman

Enlightened
Well, as much as the Ti button was much better looking, the new rubber one is MUCH BETTER functioning. So I'm happy overall. I'm actually a little surprised they fixed it at all for those of us who already had the light. Still have no clue how the original Ti button ever even made it out of their factory in the first place without getting vetoed.

fishndad

Enlightened
I would so love to see one with no tailcap switch, twist disconnect like the m11r with a nice pocket clip and a variable ring with an "off" position like the v20c.

i agree man the m11r is the such a classic look ,i have rrt01 and pc10 only cuz i got cought up in the battle over lumen,or who has the bigger lumen LOL , only to leave me still wanting the Elfin.