New THREE TIMES brighter Myo XP = Cree?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find. It could be the cree but it's probably the SSC P4. The ssc was a straight forward mod with the lux III version.

From the pictures, it looks like the old version is blue and the new one is gray. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that's the one. The notice on the website still says not to use lithium AA's. I was hoping that a new version would be compatible with lithium AA's for cold weather use and better regulation.

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
FINALLY!!! Hopefully they will update some of their other models now as well. A little disappointing that you can't use L91's in it, but a step in the right direction either way.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://en.petzl.com/ProduitsServices/E83P_MYOXP_E83500-E.pdf

that 3 AA-celled battery case is the best on the light, but
still direct-drivish
still no useful runtime info
starting high to low is wrong
no useful levels
.... last one is more a good guess - based on the runtime data (which is a joke!) there is not too much difference between maximum and optimum.
(+ I am not typing anything to heatsinking)

if the EOS came with a 3 AA case (and an actual led and a stronger max), it were THE headlamp

Dung Beetle

Newly Enlightened
Looks great, anyone know how much these new headlamps will cost and who has them? I've check some of the US dealers and it looks like the older model.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great, anyone know how much these new headlamps will cost and who has them? I've check some of the US dealers and it looks like the older model.

Yeah i checked that too, i sent an email yesterday to them hope to get something back

AlexSchira

Enlightened
I'm noticing that the top-strap on the belt model is thicker and sturdier than the old removable model, they must have caught on that it was too flimsy. Liking the color change, but I'm very curious when these hit the market.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
...but
still direct-drivish
starting high to low is wrong
no useful levels

.... last one is more a good guess - based on the runtime data (which is a joke!) there is not too much difference between maximum and optimum.
(+ I am not typing anything to heatsinking)

I agree, we can only hope someone brings true though and quality to the market so that the other companies are forced to innovate quality products. At least this is a step in the right direction.

Latest posts