New Thrunite Ti

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see a separate thread, but they now have the TiS. It is the same as this, only with xp-g2. I just got the NW version from amazon. Beautiful light with a good tint.

jruser is correct. The New TiS. CW or NW options. Looks like the same lumens as the Ti3: .04 / 12 / 120.

robert.t

Enlightened
As I understand it, the Thrunite Ti ($30) is always titanium, ...

JFTR, this is the aluminium "Ti" (no number):

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/thrunite/thrunite-ti.html

Linking here because it doesn't seem to be on the Thrunite site, presumably because it's no longer current, although it looks like you can still buy it on Amazon (green is the only colour left). UK price is £8.95 (about $14).

As far as I can tell, the Ti was the first, superseded by Ti2 and then Ti3. Now we have the Ti that's actually made of Ti, but technically the full name includes "limited Christmas edition" except that nobody actually calls it that.

robert.t

Enlightened
jruser is correct. The New TiS. CW or NW options. Looks like the same lumens as the Ti3: .04 / 12 / 120.

Thanks for the link. It is indeed steel as well, so another 10g heavier than the Ti. I really like the ultra-smooth threads on my Fenix E05 SS and have been getting more used to the added weight, but dislike the lack of a really low low and the plastic optic. If the Ti threading is gritty I might give one of these a go in NW. Could be a very nice light if the mode spacing works as well in practise as it looks on paper.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
That is disappointing. I got the new TiS because amazon said it was titanium. I had skipped on the Christmas Ti because of the cool tint. I still like the light though. Almost has me considering selling my Revo SS NW.

timbo114

Enlightened
That is disappointing. I got the new TiS because amazon said it was titanium. I had skipped on the Christmas Ti because of the cool tint. I still like the light though. Almost has me considering selling my Revo SS NW.
PM me if you want me to adopt your Revo NW :D

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is disappointing. I got the new TiS because amazon said it was titanium.

Amazon does not make the listings for new Thrunite lights.
One of the marketing people at Thrunite does.
She almost inevitably makes gross errors.
Then makes some of the corrections later.
There is also the language barrier.

Of course Amazon will give you a full refund including shipping back.
Obviously the "titanium" description is an error.
Email Thrunite service and ask for something free.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite should rename and group all the Ti models together as Tit/A/SS

Titanium/Aluminum/StainlessSteel

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too funny! I think the relabelling of the versions is an excellent idea. It takes away any confusion and makes for good common sense understanding.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
I'm more of a Tit guy, as long as the whole package is well featured. Different configurations can be solid performers as well of course.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
I'm done customizing!

*Replaced the o-ring and smoothed up the (previously gritty) threads. Now smooth as silk.
*Glued clear epoxy mixed with green glow powder just above the lens
*Glued 12,5mm neodymium magnet on the tail (sticks to any metal surface in any possible angle)
*Attached a leash of paracord with titanium clip
*Matted the polished finish

I use it every day with Efest 10440 since I know it can handle it. Little pocket lumen canon!
Total weight incl. battery is just below 29 grams.

I carry an extra eneloop for runtime.

Best light I've got!

2015-02-09%25252023.12.30.jpg

20150209_233327-1.jpg

20150209_222535.jpg

20150209_222642-1.jpg

20150209_222731.jpg

20150209_224738.jpg

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
"Replaced the o-ring and smoothed up the (previously gritty) threads. Now smooth as silk."

What o-ring and how did you smooth the threads? I have a tough time one-hand-opening mine.

Thanks!

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bill,

I used an old spare from my olight i3S.

Twisting the head a lot of times, cleaning it and re lubing with silicone grease also helped a lot.

OCD

Enlightened
I don't know if my light is a fluke, but my threads were buttery smooth right out of the box. I would say smoother than my several year old, edc'd Maratac SS.