New Thrunite Ti

robert.t

Enlightened
No. Mine were quite good too.

Finally got mine. Threads are quite gritty. Not un-tunrnable, but definitely gritty. Can be used one-handed, but going back and forth to cycle modes isn't easy. Sounds like more people have got gritty threads than have got smooth threads, so I'd say those few are indeed a fluke. But that's pretty much what you expect with factory-made Ti. Hopefully mine will wear in, as there's room to slacken up without it getting too loose. I added some nano oil and that helped a bit, but not much.

That said, I only have one twisty that's super-easy to operate one-handed and that's my E05 SS, so it's not bad. Just not great. I've ordered an E99 Ti having discovered it has a lower low than the E05 SS, so we'll see which of these 3 ends up on the keyring. I doubt the E99 will be as smooth as the E05 SS either.

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
Hey dutcheee, how high does it go with the 10440 visually against the aaa and how's the runtime?excellent job by the way.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
High on 10440 really blows you away with brightness for such a tiny light. I have nothing to measure lumen, but I'd say 3 times as bright as on eneloops.

Efest 10440 runtimes:
Hi 18min tot 2.5V
Mid 45min tot 2.5V
Low 57.5hrs down to 1.4V :caution: (did run accidentaly on high in my pocket during test, so probably longer)

Only tested eneloop XX on High, giving 42min. runtime.

On 10440 High is very bright, Mid is brighter than high on eneloop and Low (firefly) is actually usable.
Firefly is too low on eneloop IMO.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would've already bought one of these if it wasn't for the DUMB DUMB DUMB mode spacing. I don't mind moonlight at the beginning but jumping from 12 lumens to 160 is so ridiculous.

geal

Newly Enlightened
High on 10440 really blows you away with brightness for such a tiny light. I have nothing to measure lumen, but I'd say 3 times as bright as on eneloops.

Efest 10440 runtimes:
Hi 18min tot 2.5V
Mid 45min tot 2.5V
Low 57.5hrs down to 1.4V :caution: (did run accidentaly on high in my pocket during test, so probably longer)

Only tested eneloop XX on High, giving 42min. runtime.

On 10440 High is very bright, Mid is brighter than high on eneloop and Low (firefly) is actually usable.
Firefly is too low on eneloop IMO.

Personally would never run this light on 10440. Runtimes suck. 12 lumen medium on eneloop is nice and bright for most tasks and I certainly don't need 300 plus lumens out of it on high for laughable runtime.

geal

Newly Enlightened
I would've already bought one of these if it wasn't for the DUMB DUMB DUMB mode spacing. I don't mind moonlight at the beginning but jumping from 12 lumens to 160 is so ridiculous.

I really like the 12 lumens. Really nice balance of good brightness and good runtime. Not sure if I want 4 modes in this light so if anything I would probably drop high down to 110 or so. As is I really like this light though. To me I rarely need more than 10 or so lumens. It's nice to have the option to blast some lumens if needed which this light also provides. Keep in mind it's not a specialized primary light but a little aaa edc/backup light.

easilyled

Flashaholic

These lights can run on LifeP04 cells (3V). This is according to the manufacturer's specs (ie voltage range 1.2 - 3)

You will find the mode spacing much more to your liking with these cells. I'm running mine on them and the medium mode is much more than 12 lumens. The high mode is also brighter (about 200 lumens) but the firefly mode is unchanged.

Runt

Newly Enlightened
I may be in the minority here, but I find the spacing pretty useful on the ti3 and it looks to be about the same for the SS light. I find that firefly and mid/low are all need for most applications (running on alkaline) but it's nice to know that high is there in an emergency. This opinion may change as my eyes get older but for now it is more than enough to get around house and camp or take walk in the woods.

Yes, the hidden strobe is dumb and the light would probably be better served with an SOS strobe or a mode between mid/low and high, but I find this light in my pocket more often than others I have.

cnlson

Newly Enlightened
can anyone who has this compare it to an ITP A3 EOS upgraded? I have the 96 lumen version and i'm wondering if this would be much better than what I have already.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it will be much better.

I have both.

Thrunite: lighter, brighter and way better runtimes.

Trevilux

Enlightened
Thrunite ti in "ss or titanium", both, are great quality/price. My better AAA's at the moment:

CjGLjhy.jpg

GIF, Ti ss Vs Ti Ti

y7UqSMu.gif

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my 160 lumen Ti Special Xmas edition on high for 5 minutes last night and now high is the same as medium ! Nut's ! Back to Amazon with it. Possibly the heat sinking isn't up to par.

Last edited:

cnlson

Newly Enlightened

Having purchased one, my opinion mirrors yours. the low is way too low, the mid is about where the low should be. The high is nice but the run time is not as useful as others.

Yes, it will be much better. I have both. Thrunite: lighter, brighter and way better runtimes.

I'm not sure about that. The mid on the thrunite is about equal to the low on the ITP so at that point I end up using high far more often and the runtime on high is not long, 30 minutes or so. So it feels limiting. Additionally I have the dragging threads which I don't enjoy.
I'm kind of disappointed because it fits in well with my keychain and my EDC Leatherman Charge TI

fOTwAEtl.jpg

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
Another ITP A3 fan here. I have a few ITP A3s with the 96 lumen upgrade and also the NEW one with the 130 lumen upgrade. Yes, ITP A3 is alive in 2015. It's sold by Aimkon Tactical, fyi. Anyway, I carry the new ITP on my keychain. I love the Thrunite Ti's moonlight. I swapped their o-ring for a thinner one and now it's a nice, smooth rotation after nyogel. The Thrunite high is impressive and really room-filling floody. BUT, the medium is like so many others' low. Such a big gap spacing from med to high. If Thrunite would up the middle mode I would not at all mind if they lowered that short-life high to get it done.

cnlson

Newly Enlightened
Another ITP A3 fan here. I have a few ITP A3s with the 96 lumen upgrade and also the NEW one with the 130 lumen upgrade. Yes, ITP A3 is alive in 2015. It's sold by Aimkon Tactical, fyi. Anyway, I carry the new ITP on my keychain. I love the Thrunite Ti's moonlight. I swapped their o-ring for a thinner one and now it's a nice, smooth rotation after nyogel. The Thrunite high is impressive and really room-filling floody. BUT, the medium is like so many others' low. Such a big gap spacing from med to high. If Thrunite would up the middle mode I would not at all mind if they lowered that short-life high to get it done.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into the 130 lumen I have several of the 96 lumens now. I'm assuming on amazon?

Edit : found and ordered. Anyone interested in a lightly used (2 days maybe 1 hr) thrunite please PM

Last edited:

timbo114

Enlightened
Just received my 2nd Christmas Edition (waited 38 days for delivery :thumbsdow) .. tint is really quite good on this one.
The 1st one I got is absolutely sickening muted green/yellow combo.
Side by side comparison is just disturbing.

I'll not sandblast the new one - so I always know which one to grab and use.