• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Yes, anyone who can think into the future would be worried about the availability of battery packs. I think about that with every light I buy. Will batteries be available in 10 or 20 years? The problem with proprietary battery packs is exactly the same as you pointed out. When the light is old, and no longer in production, they will probably stop making the batteries, and that is a problem for anyone who would want to be able to use this light long term or look at it as an investment.

The 10 year warranty doesn't "say it all". In fact, batteries are a consumable item, and therefore typically uncovered or only partially covered by warranty.

yes ok but they would shoot themself in the foot if spare batteries for a flashlight covered with 10 years warranty gonna be a problem ina a few years, not exactly a cheap light i mean 600$.. but we will see..

and nothing wrong with the sr lights, only that they have a few years now im not sure if anyone would call olight and ask if they can buy spares for those is that a no go ??

celler

Newly Enlightened
List price is still $600, sale price of $450 only good during one day, release day of June 8th. Likely just throwing those who have been waiting for so long a bone.
I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else? Is this going to be on the official Olight US sales site?

alqpoe

Newly Enlightened
Offer ends in 7 1/2 hours. If you're going to do it, now's the time.

tomzarbo

Newly Enlightened
So, who bit?
I have to admit, I was pretty tempted when I started opening up all the emails from Olight. I held my ground, though. :)

TomZ

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X9R failed a simple water submersion test. A couple minutes underwater and the entire light was filled with water.

Has this problem been addressed by Olight?

ven

Flashaholic
As the video is only a couple of weeks old, it would be too late for XXX amounts of lights sold. Not impressive for sure, but being realistic, not many are going to submerge under water for a good bit of time. I know its not right, i know it should not leak in. But if i had bought one, although disappointing how it lets water in, it would not be an actual concern for me. In my 43yrs, i have never used a flashlight under water for any duration. Heck, i cant even think of dropping one in a puddle off the top of my head. Just imo of course, i know its a deal killer for a lot of people..............certainly with the amount of money involved. Maybe its a simple O ring issue(larger dia required maybe).

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
True, but what about if u are outside and its heavy raining - should u be worried also water can leak in ? I have one and i sure as hell not gonna submerge it, i just thought it would handle water better tho then video shows, a little too much leaks in imo..

ven

Flashaholic
I do agree, I would have confidence in heavy rain though. What are the O ring/s like, could they be improved(maybe a little thicker). I would contact olight and see , get their opinion. Maybe send back ,as it's a lot of investment if you don't have confidence in it.