• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how the fan makes connection inside the light. Since the fan is removable, it isn't a fixed cable connection. Wonder if it's also possible to install an other (brand) fan.
Those small 4cm fans can make quite some noise.

That is true I have fans on my car LED lights (can't really hear it inside the car) but a buzzing sound a little that is. I would hope they would be variable speed as in ramp up when needed and adjust down we'll see on that. These fans do tend to run at high RPM if they are ball bearing they should last a while. This does look interesting purely on power output alone.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Looks like a real powerful light!:) I hope to see a video review of it soon. However, i am concerned about the rubber flaps at the tailcap covering the charging ports. If the rubber flaps happens to be loose and water comes in contact with the charging ports,is the charging ports themselves waterproof? :thinking: This light is also quite big. Will the light come with a shoulder strap attached to this light? Does the light have a lockout mode?

kj2

Flashaholic
Expect that it will come with a shoulder strap. Lockout should be on it IMO. Wonder what the IP rating will be. The SR95, with the open style head, is IPX6.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
Olight can you just answer one question for me, when will we be able to preorder the X9 ?

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
I'm very disappointed to find out that Olight customer service is no good. I have a problem with a light and I emailed them and days later got a general answer. I replied with a couple more emails after testing out the light and nothing. Then I tried calling and nothing, the phone line was answering machine and said the mail box was full. I also did some googling around to find if they do a repair for you it takes literally months , ?? Really, I love there products but definitely something to consider. I'm not to happy and considering a light that could be $500 might now be out of the question.

frigate

Newly Enlightened
So now we wait... until when? Does anyone know the X9's release date?

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Most manufacturers in China are close for 2-3 weeks in celebration of the Lunar New Year (spring festival), Olight is off from 21st Jan to 5th Feb. :wave:

Edog006

Newly Enlightened
Does any one have any idea of the throw?? 25K lumens is sick, but if it is a floody mess and cant get out there, I'd opt for less lumens and a deeper reflector.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this light a game changer? Is this the first high quality light with cooling fans? Wait until Vinh has a few months to work his magic with this thing.

kj2

Flashaholic
Is this light a game changer? Is this the first high quality light with cooling fans? Wait until Vinh has a few months to work his magic with this thing.
I think it is. Do wonder how much that little fan will cool down the light. Personally, I did expect a larger non-removable fan.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is. Do wonder how much that little fan will cool down the light. Personally, I did expect a larger non-removable fan.

Kind of a pros & cons thing I suppose, in the Shot Show video the Olight guy says the advantage is being able to replace a broken fan easily, but like you're implying a rugged fixed fan will do more cooling. Anyway, that head area looks bigger than Vinh's current 40K lumen flood monster, so...more heat sink potential and a freaking fan lol. Downside is this talk about "Limited quantities because it is difficult to make." Not sure how to define 'Limited' but Vinh won't put much into a light if he can only get 1 or 2 I would think. Anyway I hope the cooling fan catches on and doesn't fade away as a rare collector light. Is the fan the reason it's 'Hard to make'??? I hope not

Last edited: