• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New X9 - When will it be available?

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
That german site claims release date june now? guess its delayed yet another time... idk what they are doing.. it shouldnt take that long send out lights if production finished long ago ? Olight posted here last month its almost ready....

Delivery expected June...
The picture of the X9 has also been removed from olights site, so I guess I'm just imagining everything right ? Really weird the whole thing. There products are amazing, there honesty no so much.

alqpoe

Newly Enlightened
It's so terrible. It's so terrible. It's so terrible.

The product will be released when it is technically ready and when regional marketing is ready and when the global supply line is plenished. I made a new word. I feel happy now. Wait.... Uh-oh, the word already exists. Now back to after reading your post emotional level. Maybe after I read this post after I post it, I will feel rehappied.

Anyway, high performance lights can't run more than reasonable burst on high setting. Thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot. Maybe I need constant, continuous reminders of that fact. No fear, I get such reminders constantly on the forums whenever a new high performance light is being released.

If I posted to moan (moansted?) and groan (groansted?) every time a high performance, high price product was released that I wouldn't want to pay for, I would have no free time to do any type of positive activities.
Tomorrow I am going to pay USD $1,500 for a Dan Wesson CCO PM-C 45 that is chambered for an archaic, inefficient cartridge that has been superseded. Why? Because I want to. And because I have waited a long time for this factory run to occur. What good is it to complain (repeatedly) about a product that I am not going to buy?

I like Olight. I hope their new cutting edge products stimulate both the consumers and the industry. I am done proofreading my post. I feel happy now.

So funny and true richbuff.

I just had a conversation with a good friend of mine who is Taiwanese. He imports many high end parts from Korea, Taiwan, and China. I asked him his opinion about the new tariffs. He said he has recently spoken to a couple of his Chinese manufactures about it. They both said they didn't care much about the US tariffs. They said the average American comes off very entitled and impatient. For the little amount that the US buys they complain about everything. It's just not worth the little profit compared to the rest of the world.
I think we can all agree that this light is something that none of us need. But it sure would be fun. Sort of like my boat, lifted truck, 50cals, belt-feds, AOWs, $500 Benchmades, and your PM-C.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened

I just had a conversation with a good friend of mine who is Taiwanese. He imports many high end parts from Korea, Taiwan, and China. I asked him his opinion about the new tariffs. He said he has recently spoken to a couple of his Chinese manufactures about it. They both said they didn't care much about the US tariffs. They said the average American comes off very entitled and impatient. For the little amount that the US buys they complain about everything. It's just not worth the little profit compared to the rest of the world.
I think we can all agree that this light is something that none of us need. But it sure would be fun. Sort of like my boat, lifted truck, 50cals, belt-feds, AOWs, $500 Benchmades, and your PM-C.
Two years isn't impatience, and yes entitled to the truth, yes. Many feel the same way, so your probably on an island, or do you need help figuring that out. You do know what they say about opinions, right ?

Keitho

Enlightened

...For the little amount that the US buys ...

Factually inaccurate. The US is the #1 country that China exports to, and has been for years. China has many trading partners, and the US is on the order of 14-19% of their exports. It is hard for me to imagine calling close to half a trillion USD of exports a "little amount."

Of course, opinions about how much complaining is justified when a nation spends half a trillion dollars per year is up for debate. I'd say that a little sarcasm and complaining in this tiny little sparsely-populated corner of the internet is commensurate with a 2-year delay and a rediculous price tag on a gadget from a company that I hold in high regard.

alqpoe

Newly Enlightened
I personally have limited knowledge about specific import/export ratios for the industry that my friend deals with. So I won't begin to support their claims. It's highly possible that they are lying.
What I do know is that I like Olight's quality, functionality, value, and overall direction that they are heading when it comes to flashlights. The X9 seems to be the leading-edge of technology. It sure puts any US made one to shame.
From what I've ever seen with companies who are developing something more powerful than anything else at mass production levels they run into challenges that cause major delays. Just look at Tesla.
The last thing I want is a manufacture to push out a less-than-acceptable quality product just so they can satisfy a deadline.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
I personally have limited knowledge about specific import/export ratios for the industry that my friend deals with. So I won't begin to support their claims. It's highly possible that they are lying.
What I do know is that I like Olight's quality, functionality, value, and overall direction that they are heading when it comes to flashlights. The X9 seems to be the leading-edge of technology. It sure puts any US made one to shame.
From what I've ever seen with companies who are developing something more powerful than anything else at mass production levels they run into challenges that cause major delays. Just look at Tesla.
The last thing I want is a manufacture to push out a less-than-acceptable quality product just so they can satisfy a deadline.
I believe we all feel the same way, but not only has it been a two year wait but they don't really give us any kind of answers, do they have to, no. But I'm a big spender for Olight,like many, and to just jerk us around and not really answer any questions for the most part, they again have hinted some things, as a matter of fact today on there Friday video, with 30 seconds left they showed part of the X9 without giving info, really, are they childish, were all waiting, patiently if you ask me, how about filling us in on the information they have , I'm totally sure they know more than there saying. Any how not really important, reality it's only a flashlight, an amazing one , but still just a flashlight that we probably won't use very much, mostly a toy for most of us. Whatever, I'm over it. Also done complaining but this will be the last flashlight I wait for and follow, for sure.

I really applaud Olight for being careful and detailed on this massive project. The Streamlight HL5 was finally in stock today at BrightGuy after more than a month delay from its most conservative eta estimate. The Olight X9 is 30 times more complicated and difficult to get it to perfect flawless quality. I lost over 300 dollars because Imalent did not perfect their DX80. I applaud Olight for doing the right thing. You can feel Marshall Hoots' DNA in this light and his genuine, kind, warm smile in this Olight diamond. God bless the USA.

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Looking at google just random i seem to found some official promotion pics of the X9, but since its hungarian i dont understand but maybe this means its really close now ? Its nothing that we dont know, design more or less seems final now and specs..

I just wish it was Olight that would post such tease pics and not me lol.. i dont get it why are they so close and not a word on this light leaks out i dont get it.... still curious about the price and early reviews on this...

... hotlinked images x9 removed ...

Last edited by a moderator:
This item has just appeared on the GG website, a few minutes ago. :)
Yes! Buy your Olight X9 from Marshall Hoots! I had the experience of going outside Going Gear to purchase my Imalent DX80. Biggest regret of my life. I had to deal with the manufacturer directly for warranty claim, and ended up losing the flashlight in transit altogether. Marshall/GG will take care of the whole thing! GG will take care of you with velvet gloves. (I am paying my highest honor and greatest tribute to Marshall Hoots here). God Bless America.

Keitho

Enlightened
This item has just appeared on the GG website, a few minutes ago. :)
I've checked a couple of times, didn't see it for sale...is it down now, or am I just missing an article or some other tidbit about something that isn't yet for sale?

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hey everyone! Stay tuned the next day or so we will be releasing final information and specs on the X9R.

Huntn4wins

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone! Stay tuned the next day or so we will be releasing final information and specs on the X9R.
Lol, ya thanks Olight we already have the specs and some have already pre-ordered on GG, your late to the dance again. Lol