NexxTech™ Cordless/Rechargeable Halogen Spotlight - $6.99?

beam_me_up

Enlightened
Hey guys, just found this @ Circuit City....anyone know anything about it?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nexx...psm/oid/100553/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#tabs

NexxTech™ Cordless/Rechargeable Halogen Spotlight (611-8959)

Bright or even brighter: Choose from one or two million candlepower.

Added convenience: Includes a built-in spotlight power indicator, one-touch on/off trigger switch, reading light, plastic rubber slip-proof handle and a built-in battery hour indicator.

Price was:

$29.99
You save:

-$23.00

Final Price $6.99 + Free in Store Pickup or $3.50 shipping

havand

Enlightened
Maybe i'll go pick one up tomorrow. $7 is hard to pass up...Plus, if it REALLY stinks, I can always try to led it :p

havand

Enlightened
Picked it up....Box says it has a 15 minute burntime. 2 modes, high low (85watt bulb), map reading light, battery level indicator car AND home charger. METAL reflector (don't know if this is the standard on non-led lights). Its plastic construction no doubt, but its not horrible. The front including the lense and reflector comes off with a slight turn. For $7, i'm pretty amazed. The beam isn't that pretty, but i don't have that much experience with incan spotlights, so i don't really know what a 'good' beam looks like. I turned it on the first time in my apartment and just started laughing. I've only ever owned maglites and led powered lights.

If the rating is 15 minutes @85watts

85watts/15minutes=21.25watts
21.25watts/12V=1.7708 A @12V.

Right?

That is pretty underwhelming. IT would probably be a lot lighter, brighter, and burn longer with some 18650's in there...But then it wouldn't be able to recharge by just being plugged in.

Anyway, if i get some time later, i'll post a little more about it. If anyone has any specific questions, let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: OH, it STINKS though. I opened the package and caught my breath. It smells like one of those gardening rooms at k-mart or similar store. It's the rubber handle that stinks so bad.

AND, my girlfriend was pretty disgusted/confused. She asked 'Why, exactly, do you need a spotlight?' My response was something like 'I don't. It's fun and i want to play with it.' Her 'But why' Me 'It's 7 bucks, next time i go to grab fastfood, i'll skip it. Done.' She's been 'noticing' how much money i've been spending on lights recently. Doh. I toldher i was done for a little while..., but unfortunately i've got ONE more package on the way...Hope i get to intercept it before her. I really do need to stop, and I am going to. I'm in college so money is a little hard to come by. I don't worry about it too much because almost all of my lights i could sell for near what i bought them for. It's not money down the hole, it's just transferred from paper form to metallic form. :)

Last edited: