• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nichia 219 coming to Peak lights from Oveready

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yeah, I also want to apologize. Faced with a high probability restock that turned out to be empty, we decided to wait and reply only once. 1 week turned into, 2, into 3, etc.

mau91

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to give a quick update about my experience with Oveready regarding this. Dan got back to me very quickly and worked really hard to make things right. Top notch customer service!

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
The XPG2 head is a hell of a lot brighter then the Nichia. I am having a horribly hard time deciding what one I want to keep. I have both heads now, but need to send one back. Help me decide. And why. I am running AW Li-Ion batteries which make a world of difference.

Here are the batteries I'm running. Must say they are amazing.

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-10440-Unprotected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_94.html

Once you have, you will never go back!!

| Sent from my iPhone 4S |

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Give them a try outside, especially in natural settings (earth/plants). If you don't care about color and just want tint (not blue), you may need xpg2 neutral.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XPG2 head is a hell of a lot brighter then the Nichia. I am having a horribly hard time deciding what one I want to keep. I have both heads now, but need to send one back. Help me decide. And why. I am running AW Li-Ion batteries which make a world of difference.

Here are the batteries I'm running. Must say they are amazing.

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-10440-Unprotected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_94.html

Once you have, you will never go back!!

I have the 4500K neutral head, and I also have the XPG2 cool head.
There is a noticeable brightness difference.
There is a noticeable tint difference.
It ends up being that I like each one for different purposes. They really are not the "same light".

Colors look more inviting with the neutral.
Brightness is more spectacular with the XPG2 cool, and the tint is a plain white that is quite nice.

But in the end, if I had to choose only one, it would be the XPG2 cool.

YMMV. These are just my personal observations and goals.

Last edited:

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
Give them a try outside, especially in natural settings (earth/plants). If you don't care about color and just want tint (not blue), you may need xpg2 neutral.

Are there xpg2 and xpg2 neutral heads for the Eiger? Or are they the same thing.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
xpg2 heads are currently cool only. I have some 4000k Malkoff xpg2's in process that should debut with the next batch. These are slightly warmer than the 4500k nichia, with more output.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have one of each in 2 Logans that I have.
I really like them both for different things,it is tough to argue which is better for everything?

I think I favor the 219 though if I have to choose but.....I don't!
The 219 goes plenty bright for me but I like how it looks real low a lot better than the cool white too.

Don't you wish now that you had not lost that E15?

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
I also have one of each in 2 Logans that I have.
I really like them both for different things,it is tough to argue which is better for everything?

I think I favor the 219 though if I have to choose but.....I don't!
The 219 goes plenty bright for me but I like how it looks real low a lot better than the cool white too.

Don't you wish now that you had not lost that E15?

Yes I miss my E15. I wish I could get a peak light to put off the same color as my E15

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
Will you see any dif in brightness running a Alkaline vs a lithium AAA? They are both 1.5v

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will you see any dif in brightness running a Alkaline vs a lithium AAA? They are both 1.5v

I thought you switched to a Logan?

My Logan are 17500 and the difference between using a 17500 or 14500 instead of any primary battery is pretty dramatic and then some!

I imagine the same is true for the Eiger and the AAA lithium AW and any Primary?
The light is getting more than twice the voltage in a Logan as the AW is 3.7vdc vs 1.5vdc for a primary.
I don't have an Eiger but the same voltage difference is there between any primary battery and the AW you are using in them.

They want the AW to come to life!
Let them LIVE!

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
I thought you switched to a Logan?

My Logan are 17500 and the difference between using a 17500 or 14500 instead of any primary battery is pretty dramatic and then some!

I imagine the same is true for the Eiger and the AAA lithium AW and any Primary?
The light is getting more than twice the voltage in a Logan as the AW is 3.7vdc vs 1.5vdc for a primary.
I don't have an Eiger but the same voltage difference is there between any primary battery and the AW you are using in them.

They want the AW to come to life!
Let them LIVE!

I know alkaline and lithium AAA batteries are both 1.5v. I am looking at them right now at the store. Since they are both 1.5v, they will put out the same exact light, right?

Last edited:

Costetl

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have 2 Eigers, or Logan's. that they could demo XPG2 vs Nichia 219 against the wall. I think it would help a lot of ppl when choosing a LED.

Latest posts