Nite-Ize IQ switch, not very impressed

gl22man

Enlightened
Well, i just had to run out to Bass pro shop and pick up the new Nite-Ize IQ switch, i can say this it is pretty cool with 5 different function modes. They work like this with each press of the switch (within 2 seconds of each other) it goes 1st click is 100% power 2cnd click is 50% power 3rd click is 25% power 4th click is slow strobe and last but not least on the 5th click is fast strobe.
Now for a little info on the modded mag i put the switch on it is a miniminimag running a nextgen sammie with a twoj at 750 ma. running on a older blue wrapped protected AA size lithium-ion battery from AW it checked in at 4.1 volts before this test. Now on my cheap (ebay) light meter with the stock maglite tailcap on i get 2200 lux at 36" now with the kroll clickie i get 2330 lux i also have a clickie switch that i got off a cheap harbor frieght light which works and feels very nice with that switch i get right at 2200 lux and finally for the night ize switch i get right about 1000 lux. WTF!! yep that is exactly what i was thinking less than half the lux readings that the stock switch puts out, how can this be?? Has anyone else tried this yet?? Could the nite-ize switch really have that much resistance or could it be that i just happen to get a bad switch?? Dosen't look very good at this point..
Thanks and thats my story and i'm sticking to it
Mike.......

scott

Enlightened
So does this mean the switch will be inefficient with "dimmer" lights like the Opalec Newbeam and Nite-Ize convesion, too?

Scott

Latest posts