Nitecore Chameleon CU6 (XP-G2 + UV + RGB)

Sherbona

Newly Enlightened
I see on the nitecore facebook page there is a link over to Chameleon product pages on the nitecore site. The downloads also include a 'manual'.

Here are a few of details from either the page or the manual...

CR6, Main White/Red
Red: Cree XP-E(R2)
- lumens: 120/45/12
- distance: 150m
- intensity: 5700cd

CG6, Main White/Green
Green: Cree XP-E(G2)
- lumens: 185/90/30
- distance: 170m
- intensity: 7250cd

CB6, Main White/Blue
Blue: Cree XP-E(D4)
- lumens: 35/15/3
- distance: 66m
- intensity: 1100cd

White (all of above)
- Cree XP-G2 (R5) (one of the graphics says XML2 however the others and 'manual' says XP-G2 R5)
- lumens: 440/280/160/25/1
- distance: 190m
- intensity: 9000cd

I didn't find anything for CU6 or CI6.

Last edited:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Looks interesting - just such a shame that they always seem to use a rather orangey 625 nm LED for the so-called "red". If they would only use a true deep red 660 nm . . .

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any time frame for release to the market for this CU6? And a ballpark price?

VinZ does make some absolutely beautiful drop ins!

85coke

Newly Enlightened
I use a 3W UV module in an Eagletac T20C2 MKII to hunt scorpions. I could actually use more power when trying to search outside at a distance. There's also a 5W module for this light, but it wasn't available at the time I purchased mine.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice well thought out light, really really want a CR3 though.............

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
We asked our contact about this - It's 3W in, 1W out.
Alarmingly bright for UV.

Craig

Craig, thanks for checking on this!

85coke says more UV is better for scorpion-hunting. I believe it! I'd rather see a scorpion at 100 meters than at 1 meter. Better still--I'd rather see a scorpion on Youtube, and not be in the same time-zone with it.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many lumens (approx) does 3W in and 1W out produce in UVs? Just trying to get a good judge on the output. The Watts aren't doing it for me.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
According to the info about the blue color on the CB6 it says that certain species of fish are attracted to blue light making it ideal for fishing. Being a sportfisher my self, i wonder which species of fish this light may attract and how to use it while fishing? How do one use the light when fishing to attract the fish? :thinking: If this turns out to work effectively making the fish swimming towards me while fishing,i am realy considering to buy a CB6! :)

85coke

Newly Enlightened
How many lumens (approx) does 3W in and 1W out produce in UVs? Just trying to get a good judge on the output. The Watts aren't doing it for me.

UV seems to be more dependent on what surface it hits than normal visible light. You'd see almost no light reflecting off of a black surface, but hit something like a flourescent vest and it's like it lights up the night.

I also use yellow glasses to filter out the visibile light so I hardly see any output at all until I hit a scorpion or light colored object.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the response. I was just trying to figure out how powerful 3W in and 1W out is as compared to other UV drop ins.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it for sale anywhere yet ? its been on the nitecore site for a while now zzzzzzzzzzz

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
ebehu4es.jpg

ydu6aduq.jpg

I thought I would post a couple beam shots. Notice the main white led shot projects the second beam circle ahead of you. And the second red circle twords your feet. I reference this with the 2 switches up and my thumb is on them in the picture.
I just got back from a road and woods walk with the dog. So far so good. I like the light. The 2 small
5mm LEDs have a much better beam pattern than my SRT7, but it is still not great.
I think the lowest main white led setting is something around 3 lumens and not the 1 lumen in the specifications.
hu2u4yne.jpg
ru6usydu.jpg
e3eryty3.jpg

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
Have been in the market for a UV light to keep in my patrol car. I think the cu6 will do just fine

Vorador77

Newly Enlightened
It is in stock now along with the CI6. I was hoping for less than 90$ for the CU6 but I will still get it, it looks very interesting.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
nitecore is really innovative. the IR version, CI6, is actually only 80 vs 110 for the UV. i wonder why? maybe the led price differences.