Nitecore Chameleon Series CR6 CG6 CB6 (XP-G2, XP-E, 5mm - 18650) Review: BEAMS, RUN+

EdAhiles

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys!

I need some advice. I'm hunter and after reading that forum I bought Nitecore MH25 Hunting Kit with RGB filters included 2 years ago. Im quite satisfied with the setting.
Since Chameleon flashlights have almost half of the MH25's lumens (440 vs 850), I would like to know if there would be any improvement with dedicated colored LED to MH25 with any RGB filter on. Plus is there realy twice the difference in lumens?

Thank you again, I always come back to figure out new solutions about lights and torches ;)

Ed

EdAhiles

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I should write the question differently.

Does (or can) someone directly compare MH25 without and with filters (specialy with red and green one) to the new Chameleon white and red and/or green secondary LED (120 nominal lumens).

Thank you!

Ed

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just off the top of my head I would have to say I would expect the CU6 to be brighter in all color modes with its native LEDS as opposed to the MH25 when using filters. The thing to remember is that filters work by removing all colors except the one from a white light source, which means that the filtered beam will be much weaker that the plain bare beam.

EdAhiles

Newly Enlightened
Thank you!

Since both torches are from the same manufacturer, I think that their lumens of white light are correct (at least in comparison on relative basis), right?
That means that whit Chameleon I get better "red" light but worse bright/white light. Tough decision :/

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you!

Since both torches are from the same manufacturer, I think that their lumens of white light are correct (at least in comparison on relative basis), right?
That means that whit Chameleon I get better "red" light but worse bright/white light. Tough decision :/
Don't forget that lumens measurement is logarithmic, not linear. Thus what appears to be a significant difference in lumens man in reality not differ as much as it looks. The old rule of thumb was that it takes four times the lumens to produce twice the light output.

Latest posts