Nitecore D11.2/EX11.2

recDNA

Flashaholic
I made the choice simple and just bought both of them last night. But to answer your question, a lot of people just prefer AA over 123. AA batteries are less expensive, easier to find, and you have many more choices when it comes to the battery chemistry. Also, to be honest....55 more lumens doesn't make a whole lot of difference to the human eye.

Edit: I just put a 14500 in the D11.2 and now I see no difference whatsoever between it and the EX11.2 :thumbsup:

Specs are:

D11.2.

Max 145 Lumens 1.5 Hours
Min 3 Lumens 100 Hours

EX11.2

Max 200 Lumens 1 Hour
Min 5 Lumens 80 Hours

Duh...you know how dumb I am? The pictuees of the D11 and EX11 looked so similar I didn't notice the D11.2 was AA!
If output of each is the same on li ion l would actually prefer the D11.2 IF it came with holes for the optional pocket clip. Do you know if it does?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Duh...you know how dumb I am? The pictuees of the D11 and EX11 looked so similar I didn't notice the D11.2 was AA!
If output of each is the same on li ion l would actually prefer the D11.2 IF it came with holes for the optional pocket clip. Do you know if it does?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the D11.2 does not have a pocket clip solution yet. But I am sure one will come soon.

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
Neat to see an update that brings back the shortcuts.

I would've been VERY interested, but after a few years of EDC & regular use my EX10 (early one) finally snapped at the weak spot on the threads. I'd contacted 4Sevens when the light was new & folks first started talking about the thin materials on early batches - they'd said to use it & should anything ever happen, they'd take care of me. So I did. Except when I contacted them about it, they said they no longer support/sell the NiteCore lights. I've got several e-mails into the NiteCore support e-mail w/o no replys. . .found someone to sell me a newer EX10 shell & was VERY happy to have my main light back in action for a few months, but last week it suddently started acting up. Total demonic possession. I've had the light apart to clean it, used DeOxit on every conductive surface & I always keep my threads & tube well lubed & clean. . .still, light sticks one, won't change levels, blinks erratically, etc.

Sorry for the detour, but after really LOVING this light for several years, the poor support from both the dealer AND manufacturer = I'm going with another brand.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Neat to see an update that brings back the shortcuts.

I would've been VERY interested, but after a few years of EDC & regular use my EX10 (early one) finally snapped at the weak spot on the threads. I'd contacted 4Sevens when the light was new & folks first started talking about the thin materials on early batches - they'd said to use it & should anything ever happen, they'd take care of me. So I did. Except when I contacted them about it, they said they no longer support/sell the NiteCore lights. I've got several e-mails into the NiteCore support e-mail w/o no replys. . .found someone to sell me a newer EX10 shell & was VERY happy to have my main light back in action for a few months, but last week it suddently started acting up. Total demonic possession. I've had the light apart to clean it, used DeOxit on every conductive surface & I always keep my threads & tube well lubed & clean. . .still, light sticks one, won't change levels, blinks erratically, etc.

Sorry for the detour, but after really LOVING this light for several years, the poor support from both the dealer AND manufacturer = I'm going with another brand.

That's very poor customer service from 4Sevens IMO...unless you bought it AFTER they announced they were dumping Nitecore?

I mean if you bought it when they guaranteed them and then they CHOSE to dump the product line I think you have every right to expect them to live up to what they promised when you bought it. From my good experiences with 4sevens I'm surprised and disappointed to read this. It basically means if we by any brand but theirs they may later dump the product line and my "lifetime" warranty on the Fenix products I bought isn't worth anything.

They could have offered a refund or a substitute product or a discount on a new purchase or something to make up for your loss. At the least they could contact Nitecore for you.

chaoss

Enlightened
The posted (by Nitecore) 'flatline' regulation on these lights is looking pretty good. 200 lumens for 60 mins & 80 hrs @ 5 lumens for the EX11.2
I wonder if a non biased review (selfbuilt?) would produce the same results.

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
That's very poor customer service from 4Sevens IMO...unless you bought it AFTER they announced they were dumping Nitecore?

. . .

They could have offered a refund or a substitute product or a discount on a new purchase or something to make up for your loss. At the least they could contact Nitecore for you.

Yeah, that was a big letdown for me. I've bought nearly a dozen lights from 4Sevens & sent countless friends & relatives there to snag Fenix lights in the past. Unfortunately, after this I'm just not comfortable buying from them. I showed them, in writing, where I'd been told NOT to send in my early production EX10, even though it was being discussed here that the bezel & head were too thin. My bezel started to warp/bend in the first few WEEKS of use. They said I should treat it like a Craftsman tool - just use it & know that it will be supported. I make my living as a mechanic, so perhaps I'm spoiled, but I've never had the Snap-On truck refuse to replace a tool just b/c they don't carry that specific model. . . and yet, maybe I was just expecting too much out of a relatively inexpensive light. It was FANTASTIC until it broke.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, unfortunately the Nitecore lights don't seem to last. I used to sell Nitecore lights and we had many DOA lights and many more that failed in the first 3 months of use. 4 sevens offered a 'Lifetime' warranty on these lights. That is the 'Lifetime' of the lights whilst in the 4 sevens stock availability catalogue!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno about other but my original D11 was a blast exept for no shortcuts and HUGE parasitic drain... I gave it away and it's being used in small manufacturing plant by workers, still running... It would be cool to see the percentage of D10's and D11's that died to CPF members and see if it's too high, like jimmy1970 noticed... You do expect ~$60 light to WORK after 3 months...

Last edited:

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I've got several e-mails into the NiteCore support e-mail w/o no replys. . .found someone to sell me a newer EX10 shell & was VERY happy to have my main light back in action for a few months, but last week it suddently started acting up. Total demonic possession. I've had the light apart to clean it, used DeOxit on every conductive surface & I always keep my threads & tube well lubed & clean. . .still, light sticks one, won't change levels, blinks erratically, etc.

I have a small assortment of EX10 bodies and parts and if your interested in sending the trouble maker to me I'll see if we can recondition it. All you will be out is shipping costs. PM me if you're interested and we can come up with an arrangement.

recDNA

Flashaholic

I mean if you bought it when they guaranteed them and then they CHOSE to dump the product line I think you have every right to expect them to live up to what they promised when you bought it. From my good experiences with 4sevens I'm surprised and disappointed to read this. It basically means if we by any brand but theirs they may later dump the product line and my "lifetime" warranty on the Fenix products I bought isn't worth anything.

Obviously it is a different light but I bought a Nitecore EZ CR2 when they first came out and despite almost constant abuse it still works perfectly. Hasn't crushed a battery yet either despite many reports of that problem. Not much to break with such a simple UI and twisty I suppose. I tend to shy away from programmable lights, even the expensive ones, due to the KISS theory. I do, however, love the new infinitely adjustable rings some lights have now. I prefer it to any other UI. Whether they last I won't know for a while. I like to get about 3 years out of a flashlight. By that time something so much better has come along I tend to give away the old ones. Give a light with a Q5 in it to a non-flashaholic and they think you've given them the best thing since sliced bread.

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
I have a small assortment of EX10 bodies and parts and if your interested in sending the trouble maker to me I'll see if we can recondition it. All you will be out is shipping costs. PM me if you're interested and we can come up with an arrangement.

Awesome offer - THANK YOU!!! :D

PM on the way. . .

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is it going to be offered any time soon ??? Merchants still have original D11 on stock so I wonder how will they replace stock, offer D11.2 with slightly higher price or the old one get's sale price... Second choice preferable...