Nitecore MT1C (1xCR123A/RCR) MT1A (1xAA) MT2A (2xAA) XP-G Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS+

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious if anyone has any opinions on long term durability or any other negative experiences with the MT1A or MT2A. Durability, reliability, breakage, pocket clips coming off etc....... Thanks in advance and thanks for the extensive reviews.

I just got a few of the MT light so I can't personally comment on the long-term reliabilty. Before buying them though I searched all threads mentioning the MT1A, MT2A, MT2C, MT25, and MT26 on several forums: I haven't seen anybody reporting issues. The only exception were a couple of posts about flickering which was resolved by cleaning the threads or contacts. Actually all the feedback I could find was positive.

The pocket clips are cheap, maybe a bit sturdier than those used the Klarus XT lights but nothing to write home about. If you're light would get caught somewhere, I'm sure the clip would come off.

Other than that I was impressed by cost/quality ratio of these lights. The build quality is great, the front threads are square, just like on the LD10/LD20 lights and the Fenix/Nitecore heads can even be legoed!

The only complaint I have about these lights is the flashing mode not being hidden and the possibility cycling through the user-defined within a time interval of 3 to 4 seconds. On the JetBeam PA/PC lights that interval was 2 seconds at most, making the momentary on still somewhat usable on the user-defined state. On the MT lights, if you use momentary on when the head is loosened is very easy to accidentally jump to the next brightness/flashing mode.

On some models the Low output is too bright for my taste, especially the MT2C. The MT2A is overly bright but maybe still acceptable.

Other than that I consider these lights a great buy and if you get them on sale, a really good deal!