Nitecore SRT 7

GTiger

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to say Panasonic green NCR18650B Protected's are good to go in the SRT7. They have enough button top to work fine. For my Fenix 18650's I just bought a little $0.99 pack of (5) rare earth magnets from a certain Chinese retailer popular on this forum. The magnets work great for adding a button top.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to tame this font down after pasting in the battery model.

bokeh

Newly Enlightened
Running mine on NiteCore 3100 mAh (button top) batteries - works flawlessly. Button less AW's won't work right out of the box.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to tame this font down after pasting in the battery model.

My easy fix in that case is to to select the whole message, copy and paste it into a pure text editor (on OS X I use Text Wrangler), copy it there, and paste it back to the forum website.

Emeritus

Newly Enlightened
My Nitecore SRT 7 awaited me on returning from a short trip away. I am powering it using an Orbtronic 3400mAh 18650 battery. My interest was in acquiring a light with greater throw than my SC52w and SC600 Mark II. The SRT 7 does this well. However, the light, frankly, is massive with greater weight out front. For my purposes it would have to be carried in a holster, either belt attached or strapped to a backpack. The holster is heavy duty. It will take time for me to adjust to this light's heft.

Last edited:

shramj

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Emeritus, I didn't realize how big the SRT7 was, the head is really big on it. It doesn't work for pocket carry, it's too big overall. Nice light but not what I was thinking it was going to be. Also, the red and blue led's are really dim, I would prefer them brighter but that is just me. I also wish the strobe was next to beacon so I know if I turned it all the way in one direction, it would be on full brightness rather then strobe.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Just received my SRT7 from Action Gear. As others have already noted, it was new in box, complete with everything. It was a legit, real deal. Glad I got in while I did. At $45 I was a bit hesitant, but it was a true smoking deal. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but it seems nice so far.

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
The tint on my SRT7 seems great. It seems white white, which is great. Im used to the XML lights having a green or purple tint, so this is a nice surprise.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my SRT7 from Action Gear. As others have already noted, it was new in box, complete with everything. It was a legit, real deal. Glad I got in while I did. At $45 I was a bit hesitant, but it was a true smoking deal. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but it seems nice so far.

$45?!?!

*Edit*
Just went through the past posts. What a deal!!!

Last edited:

peterscm

Newly Enlightened
I added some indicator to my SRT7

Front (head facing up)
SRT7-Front_zpse850b364.jpg

To the right (pointing to Max Brightness)
SRT7-Max_zps82845cb7.jpg

To the left (pointing to Police Mode)
SRT7-PoliceFlash_zps23be6310.jpg

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Would a keeppower 18650 3400mah cell work with the srt7? It's dimensions: Length: 68.8mm Diameter: 18.7mm. It's not a flat top cell and does have a nipple on top (does its nipple length or width matter?).

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would a keeppower 18650 3400mah cell work with the srt7? It's dimensions: Length: 68.8mm Diameter: 18.7mm. It's not a flat top cell and does have a nipple on top (does its nipple length or width matter?).

It might matter, something like the Redilast is not a true flat-top, but it definitely might have issues. I have personally tested a Keeppower 3400 in both of my SRTs, and it works fine.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
It might matter, something like the Redilast is not a true flat-top, but it definitely might have issues. I have personally tested a Keeppower 3400 in both of my SRTs, and it works fine.

Thanks doc! Now looks like I'm picking me up a srt7. Too bad i can't get the awesome deals earlier people got at $45. At $80, i think it's still a good buy.

t76turbo

Newly Enlightened
I tried Callie's Customs 3400 and aw 2900 protected and neither worked. I wonder how the Callie's compare to the keeppower 3400's mentioned above.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried Callie's Customs 3400 and aw 2900 protected and neither worked. I wonder how the Callie's compare to the keeppower 3400's mentioned above.

The Keeppower is a button-top cell - much more suitable to the SRT7. I looked at Callie's Kustoms a while back, but on their webpage they look like true flat-top cells, so I'm not surprised they didn't work. I've heard only good things about their cells, but when there are so many lights that have issues with flat-top cells, that is a deal-breaker for me. I want my cells to be usable in as many lights as possible. And since both brands are based on the same cell, and the Keeppower are cheaper, it seems like a very easy call to me.

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
I'm on the ropes between srt7 and srt6. Do you guys think the srt6 is EDCable (ie. something you could actually slip into jeans pocket)? I know srt7 is too ridiculous for regular pocket carry (not talking about cargo pouch/pockets). Could you guys imagine carrying srt6 in your pocket or will it similarly be unEDCable like the srt7? (man i'm making up a lot of knew vocabulary).