NITECORE TM11 ‘Tiny Monster’ Review - 2012

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review! Comprehensive and helpful.
( i didnt read it though, no offense ;) )

Thank you for finding the second of my intentional mistakes :)

updated now.

BTW - This light is on constant standby for when I need a FLOOD of light, however I'm not sure how successful this will be as I can't help but pick it up and use it just because it is so good. When I really need it, I'll end up having to change the batteries five minutes later because I've been using them for less than essential reasons.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
subwoofer

Thank you for your review, I did not even know about it until today when someone gave a link to it. :thumbsup:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might add that selfbuilt has written that the Eagletac M3C4 diffuusion filter fits the TM11. I use this filter on the TM11 for an even better flood light. :thumbsup:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might add that selfbuilt has written that the Eagletac M3C4 diffuusion filter fits the TM11. I use this filter on the TM11 for an even better flood light. :thumbsup:

Please could you show us some photos with this diffuser filter?
So how does it work?

you unscrew the TM11 stainless steel bezel,
and you screw on the "ET55 Filter System" instead?
Does it fit 100% well?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please could you show us some photos with this diffuser filter?
So how does it work?

you unscrew the TM11 stainless steel bezel,
and you screw on the "ET55 Filter System" instead?
Does it fit 100% well?

Yes, it fits lile it was made for the TM11!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i ordered the whole kit:

+ M3C4 white diffuser lens
+ M3C4 YRGB color lenses kit

Thanks to Eagletac!!
10$ isnt asked too much for this! :)

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know how you get on when it arrives (maybe a few photos).

Just for information, using a frosted glass diffusion filter typically reduces OTF output by 15-20%. The filter itself creates a lot of loss. I have measured this effect with a few diffusers using the integrating sphere. Of course coloured filters will have a bigger loss as you are not simply scattering the light but removing all but a narrow band of wavelengths.

Bigpapi13

Newly Enlightened
I will be making this or it's big brother (TM15) my next purchase this week. I'm not sure I like the charging port cover on the TM15 as it seems sorta flimsy and the difference in lumens is not much more for an extra 120.00 imo.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be making this or it's big brother (TM15) my next purchase this week. I'm not sure I like the charging port cover on the TM15 as it seems sorta flimsy and the difference in lumens is not much more for an extra 120.00 imo.

I've never been much of a fan of multi-cell 'in-light' charging, but the TM15, like the TM11 uses 4 cells in parallel which totally eliminates balancing issues. For me this design makes it a real option, and one which helps eliminate terminal wear and make it simple to top-up the batteries. That and the built in camera thread for tripod mounting make the TM15 (plus of course the massive output) a very attractive prospect.

The TM11 is still Tiny and a Monster, so the small package with huge output is so much fun.

Enjoy deciding which is best for you, I'm sure you will be pleased with either.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never been much of a fan of multi-cell 'in-light' charging, but the TM15, like the TM11 uses 4 cells in parallel which totally eliminates balancing issues. For me this design makes it a real option, and one which helps eliminate terminal wear and make it simple to top-up the batteries. That and the built in camera thread for tripod mounting make the TM15 (plus of course the massive output) a very attractive prospect.

The TM11 is still Tiny and a Monster, so the small package with huge output is so much fun.

Enjoy deciding which is best for you, I'm sure you will be pleased with either.

I totally agree with this comment, the fact that the TM lights are NOT in series but are designed in parallel made this multl cell light a buy for me.

I personally like the TM11 because of its flood light desighn and smaller size. I am not a fan of built in chargers on flashlights. I would rather remove the batteries to recharge and clean all the contact points with deoxit.

Bigpapi13

Newly Enlightened
After making an inquiry for the TM11 (sold out), I found out that the TM15 will be arriving in a couple of weeks....at a much lower cost than I expected. I'll wait.:twothumbs

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Have all the bugs been fixed with the TM11? I'm keen on getting one that's advertised as V1.12 Is that the current version?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have all the bugs been fixed with the TM11? I'm keen on getting one that's advertised as V1.12 Is that the current version?

To the best of my memory version three of the TM11 is V1.1111; do a search because someone has posted the exact answer.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast

V1.12 is the latest version I am aware of, and I've not come across any bugs on the sample on test here.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the rapid relplies and sorry Sub for also spamming questions on the BB forums :)