NITECORE TM11 ‘Tiny Monster’ Review - 2012

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
The link you provided states v1.12-1111 (not v1.1111) is the latest version 3, though the -1111 is redundant really as the first part of the version number 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12 perfectly well indicate which generation it is.

Do you mean to write that verion 3 would be 'v1.13-1111'?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you.

Edit:

"v1.12-1111 is version 3. i got sent v1 11-1110 which is version 2 and still this years model. so far, it is working perfectly. was in a roof yesterday and accidentally had it on turbo. it didnt cycle down at all (was on for about 5-10mins) but honestly, it gets hot to touch by this time, so you are more likely to cycle it down yourself if you are holding it. on high, it hardly gets hot at all even after about 30 mins or so."

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...xXM-L)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO/page22

Last edited:

Soltani231

Newly Enlightened
I have this light and I must say one word. BLINDING! Awesome light of the size. I am having a problem with this monster though. When I have it off it blinks once every 4 seconds.When I have it on low, medium, high or turbo it blinks once every 3 seconds. Anyone have this problem? I just recently started having this issue. Anyone else have this problem?

There is nothing wrong with your light. Its supposed to blink as an indication that it is in Standby mode. If you want to turn it off, you need to turn it on (Not in turbo mode) and then hold the button down for 2 seconds and the light will blink once and go into sleep mode. In this mode there is no more blinking and no drain on the batteries. This is also comes in handy when you throw the tiny monster in a bag with other stuff, the light cant get activated by accident.

To turn it back on you will have to press the power button 3 times quickly and it will come back on and will go back to standby when you turn off.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is nothing wrong with your light. Its supposed to blink as an indication that it is in Standby mode. If you want to turn it off, you need to turn it on (Not in turbo mode) and then hold the button down for 2 seconds and the light will blink once and go into sleep mode. In this mode there is no more blinking and no drain on the batteries. This is also comes in handy when you throw the tiny monster in a bag with other stuff, the light cant get activated by accident.

To turn it back on you will have to press the power button 3 times quickly and it will come back on and will go back to standby when you turn off.

I think the issue djabi90 was referring to was the low battery indication rather than the locator beacon of the switch flashing.

Soltani231

Newly Enlightened
I think the issue djabi90 was referring to was the low battery indication rather than the locator beacon of the switch flashing.

That was something I considered too but they mentioned when the unit is off it blinks every 4 seconds. This is consistent with the locator beacon. I could be wrong though it wouldn't be the first time.

MSlight

Newly Enlightened
Hi, this is my first post, hope i post it in the correct section.
First, i'd like to thank you for providing us with the detailed intro. It's very insightful. :)
Second, I've just received my MT11 2 hours ago from eBay and put 4*18650 batteries in it.
It shows 3.7 volt at the beginning, and I thought i'd like to turn it on and try the turbo mode first, but I notice that only 2 LEDs were lit instead of 3, I'm not sure if this is normal or not. So I figure I'd can ask a question and see if anybody has the same problem before. Any reply is greatly appreciated!:)

Yourfun2

Enlightened
First, i'd like to thank you for providing us with the detailed intro. It's very insightful. :)
Second, I've just received my MT11 2 hours ago from eBay and put 4*18650 batteries in it.
It shows 3.7 volt at the beginning, and I thought i'd like to turn it on and try the turbo mode first, but I notice that only 2 LEDs were lit instead of 3, I'm not sure if this is normal or not. So I figure I'd can ask a question and see if anybody has the same problem before. Any reply is greatly appreciated!:)

I would think all 3 LED's would light up. Do they all light up on the other modes?

MSlight

Newly Enlightened
I would think all 3 LED's would light up. Do they all light up on the other modes?

No, the other mode also has 2 LEDs lit only..:( I'm currently waiting for an answer from an authorized dealer at eBay. wish me luck..:ironic:

Soltani231

Newly Enlightened
No, the other mode also has 2 LEDs lit only..:( I'm currently waiting for an answer from an authorized dealer at eBay. wish me luck..:ironic:

My T-11has never done that even when the charge is low. Doesn't sound right

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast

3.7V is a bit low, I would advise charging them up fully and equally. However, even on the low, all three LEDs should be lit. See my avatar, as this is the TM11 on low.

MSlight

Newly Enlightened
3.7V is a bit low, I would advise charging them up fully and equally. However, even on the low, all three LEDs should be lit. See my avatar, as this is the TM11 on low.

Just got an email from eBayer seller asking me to fully charge my batteries and try it again, if it still doesn't work, a new replacement will be sent to me.
so I'm currently waiting for my batteries to charge up now.

MSlight

Newly Enlightened
After hours of recharging to their full capacity, that 1 LED still didn't work.
I'm sending it back later. :shakehead

harro

Enlightened
Warning-Silly question;
Does physically locking out the tailcap ( ie; quarter turn open ) cause any issues with the electronic switch/programme of the light? eg; if stored for longer periods of time, like 3-4 weeks without use.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warning-Silly question;
Does physically locking out the tailcap ( ie; quarter turn open ) cause any issues with the electronic switch/programme of the light? eg; if stored for longer periods of time, like 3-4 weeks without use.

No.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the reviewing wheels are starting to turn again I've decided to try something a little different as an update to this and future reviews.

I'm looking for a little feedback on whether this is a useful change or not.

As a replacement to the beam profile graphs you can see in the main review, which are intended to represent how the beam intensity changes across a cross-section of the beam, I have produced this prototype image.

In this plot, the ANSI beam range (the distance from the light source that the intensity drops to 0.25lux) has been calculated across the width of the beam and plotted as if viewed from above (for some lights there may also be a side view produced - more on than another time).

Please bear in mind that this is a prototype and is not the final version. It has been drawn in a CAD package to give the precise ANSI beam range 'shape' of the beam.

In this case there is a 50mx50m grid and about 120° of beam angle (60° either side of the beam centre) is represented. The local intensity throughout the beam is not represented, only the limits of the beam's range according to ANSI standards.

The difference here is that whereas in the beam profile graphs, the peak intensity across the beam cross-section is shown which clearly shows the width and strength of the hotspot and spill, in this representation the peak intensity is shown as the greatest beam range. I am not intending to do both, it is one or the other.

41-TM11beamrangegraphsmall.jpg

Comments please...

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Subwoofer

Thank you, you are among the best people providing data on this web site and the reason I check in every day. :thumbsup:

Yourfun2

Enlightened
Now I'm in the same boat. Just checked my light and 1 LED has stopped working. Hopefully the seller will take care of me.

Dimitri Stephan

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to let everyone know that in really cold weather, one or more LEDs will not light up normally and go into a very low lumen moonlight mode. These LEDs will eventually start emitting normal output once the light has warmed up for some time. Keep the light on Turbo mode untill all of them light up with equal intensity and then use the light normally. Reapeat this process if needed.

Latest posts