Nitecore TM36

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
PS: I see they are now selling the Tube as well. It will be interesting to see how that goes over. Mine should get here next week. Can't wait till one of our mavens does a review.[/QUOTE]

By "The Tube", do you mean the NBP52 battery pack? Or is someone selling the 4x18650 TM battery holders?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
By "The Tube", do you mean the NBP52 battery pack? Or is someone selling the 4x18650 TM battery holders?

The Tube is a different model, a keychain light.

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
I know it was a month ago but I'm seeing it at $499 now
Correction to what you posted.

Battery Junction lists the price of the Tiny Monster 36 as $399.00. If you use coupon code TINY25 you get an additional 25% off bringing the total price down to $299 and change plus the free air ship USA only.

I just ordered a second light due to this major price drop.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi all,

Just tested my TM36, with a lightmeter, of a friend, of mine,

380 kcD, (310) manufacter state.

Mine is well overpowered, which i am very happy with.

Shined at a friends house at 1000 real meters, in the dark, outside the city, and he could easily read a newspaper, he sais, and his room was really good illuminated.

Beam was still very bright, and still blinding from there he said...very intense, and very bright.

Lit his house up very well at 1000 meters distance.

Lit trees up, at 800 meters a real amount visible.

Not a TK61vn, but comes in its neighborhood. Wish it has a ultra lowmode.

In one word, a monsterthrower.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remco buddy! Good to see that you got the light out to play with it a bit.

I've got no doubts that the TK61vn is going to be bright, but doubt that it will out throw the TM36 due to the TM36 having a much greater depth reflector.

I've given thought to having one of my TK61's modified using one of the XM-L2-U3 emitters, but instead decided on a TK75vn.
Good to see you got out to play. Now keep it up!

RemcoM

Enlightened
Remco buddy! Good to see that you got the light out to play with it a bit.

I've got no doubts that the TK61vn is going to be bright, but doubt that it will out throw the TM36 due to the TM36 having a much greater depth reflector.

I've given thought to having one of my TK61's modified using one of the XM-L2-U3 emitters, but instead decided on a TK75vn.
Good to see you got out to play. Now keep it up!

Does your TK61 throw far, or is it a bit dissapointing?

Whats your opinion, about your TK61?

What are your most far throwing lights...and most lumenlights?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your TK61 throw far, or is it a bit dissapointing?

Whats your opinion, about your TK61?

What are your most far throwing lights...and most lumenlights?

Remco,

I can't say that I'm disappointed with the TK61. I like the battery extension tube and overall size of the light. It's got more spill than my TM36's.

IMO the Luminus SBT-70 emitter surface being round combined with the TM36's deep reflector is going to make the TM36 out throw the TK61.

Vinh can make the TK61 very bright with current boost and a dedome, but unless you get a deeper reflector, I don't think you can focus the light on a spot as far as the TM36 does.

Shinning the TK61 on a white wall, the hot spot is not as defined as the TM36. The TM36 has a very sharp cutoff while the TK61 is fuzzy and not as sharply focused.

My TM36 is my furthest throwing light followed by my Surefire Hellfighter.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

The reflectors are pretty close in size...the TK61 reflector is a little wider, the TM36 is a little deeper, but the differences are definitely not dramatic...most of the extra length in the TM36 is the battery pack. And the TK61vn does out-throw the stock TM36 by a substantial margin. Beam intensity is about double, meaning roughly 50% more effective throw.

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
The reflectors are pretty close in size...the TK61 reflector is a little wider, the TM36 is a little deeper, but the differences are definitely not dramatic...most of the extra length in the TM36 is the battery pack. And the TK61vn does out-throw the stock TM36 by a substantial margin. Beam intensity is about double, meaning roughly 50% more effective throw.

But the fifference in throw/intensity, between the stock TK61, and the stock TM36, is clearly visible, isnt it?

ven

Flashaholic
iirc
tk61-170,000cd or about
tm36- 330,000cd
tk61vn v3-740,000cd

Buy a deft X Remco,Michael has some to sell,looking around 1,000,000cd :D

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the fifference in throw/intensity, between the stock TK61, and the stock TM36, is clearly visible, isnt it?

Yes, it is. The stock TM36 is a MUCH better thrower than the stock TK61, and brighter too. But the TK61vn clearly wins for throw, and is pretty close in brightness. Still doesn't have the beautiful defined hotspot of the TM36, and overheating is more of an issue, but it is certainly a bargain when you consider both price and performance.

dekj

Newly Enlightened
I saw this light in person at Goinngear the other day, wow its impressive. I have the Olight SR 90 which I bought a few years ago when it was the Big Daddy. I like the option of using standard cells instead of the proprietry pack. Nice flashlight, very nice flashlight. :kiss:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this light in person at Goinngear the other day, wow its impressive. I have the Olight SR 90 which I bought a few years ago when it was the Big Daddy. I like the option of using standard cells instead of the proprietry pack. Nice flashlight, very nice flashlight. :kiss:

Well if you like the idea of operating the light using conventional 18650 cells, then purchase the TM36LITE version. Uses a 4 cell holder instead os the NBP-52 battery pack.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

j333_76484

Newly Enlightened
Just in time for the Hurricane maybe coming up the east coast. :)

DSC_0013.jpg