• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nitecore USA Introduction

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore USA Manufacturer Introduction

hmmm only other magnetic ring UI lights I can think of are S*nwaymans. What is SWYMN going to do take a manufacturer as big as Nitecore to court? Sure both manufacturers use the magnetic ring premise but I consider Nitecores SRT rings to be superior especially on the SRT6 and 7. Still the current SRT control rings-once again especially on the SRT6 and 7-to be so good that all I would revamp about the rings is what functions they actually control. For instance-the red/blue potentially illegal in a lot of US states strobe setting on the SRT7 is useless and needs to go. Where I live right outside Washington D.C. the red/blue strobe could easily get me arrested for impersonating an officer. But hey the red/blue strobe is great at parties!

Replace the red/blue strobe on the 7 with beacon mode would make sense. The SRT6 has beacon why doesnt the 7? Modern emitters abound for all SRT lights. I would put a XP-L HD in the 6 and a XP-L HI in the 7. The latest XML2 U2 bins are the best U2's I have seen let alone possibly upgrading to the U3. An XP-L HI SRT7 would slay and sell better than they do now. If Nitecore changes ONE thing about the 6 and 7 it would be to use metal grip rings. Both chintzy plastic grip rings for my 6 and 7 broke or split a long time ago and for how expensive the 6 and 7 are is inexcusable.

Having owned the SRT line since they came out the SRT6 is in my opinion the best one. I swear it is brighter than the 7. No awful artifact ridden RGB modes and no red/blue strobe to get me busted. It is just a better flashlight. I do find the smart rings on both the 6 and 7 the best I have ever used.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

If Nitecore changes ONE thing about the 6 and 7 it would be to use metal grip rings. Both chintzy plastic grip rings for my 6 and 7 broke or split a long time ago and for how expensive the 6 and 7 are is inexcusable.
Does the SRT 5 & 3 have a metal or plastic control ring?

NitecoreStore

Enlightened

Does the SRT 5 & 3 have a metal or plastic control ring?

You mean the grip ring (Combat grip or Cig. holder)? In the first few batches of SRT/P models, the grip rings were easy to break. Nitecore quickly fixed that problem. We have not had any report on this issue since last year. It is still plastic but it is a lot more durable.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome NitecoreStore,
I'm surprised you didn't get here sooner.
Question, where is your store located ? Sorry if I missed it at the website. I ask because I try to buy in U.S. if possible for shorter shipping time and return costs.
Thank You and welcome again.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm, glad to have you aboard.
So from title I thought you are Nitecore, but I get impression you are a dealer idk?
If you are Nitecore, then would it be wrong to think you'll handle all north american warranty work on behalf of factory or do I have something mixed up?
Cheers at any rate for either dealer or OEM front.

NitecoreStore

Enlightened

Hmm, glad to have you aboard.
So from title I thought you are Nitecore, but I get impression you are a dealer idk?
If you are Nitecore, then would it be wrong to think you'll handle all north american warranty work on behalf of factory or do I have something mixed up?
Cheers at any rate for either dealer or OEM front.

We are distributor for Nitecore. We work closely with the factory in product marketing and represent them on CPF.

For warranty service, usually it is handled by the individual dealers. If you cannot locate the dealer or if certain dealer is not willing to serve the warranty, email [email protected] with the product s/n and the factory shall direct it to the responsible party. Theoretically all warranty services should be handled in US and you never have to worry about international shipping cost.

If you have difficulty reaching the factory, you are welcome to contact us at [email protected]. We will try our best to assist you.

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for clarification.
I somehow got mixed up.
As well thank you for offering to assist if needed.

Matt Berne

Newly Enlightened

I have A Nitecore UM2 Charger, it works very well!

Johnnyh

Enlightened

Glad you're here! I pre-ordered a MT06MD from the Nitecore Store a while ago and emailed you about a ship date and someone replied almost all instantly! Not my usual experience so kudos on that point!

AB8XL

Enlightened

Glad you're here! I pre-ordered a MT06MD from the Nitecore Store a while ago and emailed you about a ship date and someone replied almost all instantly! Not my usual experience so kudos on that point!

I received a ship notification on my pre-order for the MT06MD yesterday, expected delivery on Monday. My order was placed on 3/4/2017

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Nitecore, love your products and have quite a few of them. On some of my lights, I have purchased custom made parts to allow an 18650 light to use an 18500 or 18350 battery with a smaller footprint. Also, going the other direction, I have used an EC11 head with an EC20 body to allow longer run times by using an 18650 cell). In plans for your upcoming new lights, have your Engineers/Designers considered offering either adapters or multiple body tubes available for purchase separately to offer multiple size/runtime configurations? I realize CPF is a group of "specialty users", but I believe that there is enough of a market to make it cost effective(based on individuals who made custom parts at a profit). The versatility is being able to use smaller or larger cells based on need also makes the lights more useful in an emergency where not all cells are available. Thanks for considering my question.

rcu316

Newly Enlightened

I just got my first Nitecore product from you and am really impressed with it and the quality of service that you provide.

UFO

Newly Enlightened

It would be very helpful if, on your website, a potential customer could search flashlights by not only the type of battery, but how many it uses.

For example, if I was looking for a light that uses only one CR-123A battery (or RCR-123), your website would display only those lights that use a single one of those batteries.

Same for the 18650, 21700, and so on.

Thank you for listening.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened

It would be very helpful if, on your website, a potential customer could search flashlights by not only the type of battery, but how many it uses.

For example, if I was looking for a light that uses only one CR-123A battery (or RCR-123), your website would display only those lights that use a single one of those batteries.

Same for the 18650, 21700, and so on.

Thank you for listening.

If you follow this link to the manufacturer's website, you can choose battery type and number: https://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION

After selecting what battery type and number, scroll down and it will show the flashlights with the selected options.

UFO

Newly Enlightened

If you follow this link to the manufacturer's website, you can choose battery type and number: https://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION

After selecting what battery type and number, scroll down and it will show the flashlights with the selected options.
Thank you Scotty321. I was not aware of that. This will definitely help speed up the "search" process as well as comparisons to other lights I'm considering for purchase. Most appreciated Sir.

UFO

Latest posts