Niteye EYE10 Review

alex21

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have the titanium version? I'm very curious about the tint, heard its a little warmer than neutral while still putting out a whole heck of a lot of light. Even has some slots for trits.. what's not to like?? (besides the carbon fibre.. why not just go all titanium??)

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
anyone tested the runtime on the lowest low on a cr123? As niteye claims to have a lowest low of one lumen, to my eye it is more of 0,01 lumen. so it would be nice to know, how Long it would run on that as i would like to use it instead of trits for alocation.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone tested the runtime on the lowest low on a cr123? As niteye claims to have a lowest low of one lumen, to my eye it is more of 0,01 lumen. so it would be nice to know, how Long it would run on that as i would like to use it instead of trits for alocation.

Why would you want to use it instead of a trit? I use tritium keyrings (sometimes called glow-rings) as markers for my keys and anything else I need to mark. These are £10 each and last for well over 10 years. Why, oh why would you want to use a £50 light running on a £2 disposable cell to act as a marker? I'd rather leave a £10 keyring lying around than a £52 light.

My EYE10 is still a regular user thanks to the low level output, so I won't be tying it up in a runtime test on the lowest output.

Use a trit keyring for marking , and an EYE10 for lighting.

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
i own several trit markers for several items. in this particular case i wanted to know just because...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the review
Im interested in buying a Niteye Eye 10, if anyone wants to sell theirs please PM me

Merry Xmas!

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
What an excellent 7 year old light! I just found a new one in the store to replace my wife's lost one... it didn't matter to her that the newer lights put out more lumens. She just loved the amazingly simple UI - turn it down to go lower and turn it up to go brighter!

Let's get a new one of these made with an XP-L HI and perhaps a tail clicky + change the selector ring to go down to .1 lumens but not off. (It's a really bad idea to have 2 off options on the same light!) I'd pay a couple hundred bucks for one...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
glad you got one

the version by Sunwayman called V11r has the tailclicky option, and some do go down to 0.1, they vary a bit, the spec is just to go down to 1.0, but they go lower on some units.

maybe contact gunga, he might be able to help you with LED swaps

Im carrying the Jetbeam RRT-01 version, modded to Nichia.
RRT-01 is very similar to Eye10, but without the extra detent stops along the ring.. just a stop at min and max.. the V11r btw is also a smooth dial with no extra stops.

I have an Eye10, thanks to a member who saw my post, when I wanted to try the detent option. Ive learned I like the RRT-01 best among the 3 options mentioned, but they are also hardest to find.

enjoy your lights :)

Shrigg

Newly Enlightened
What an excellent 7 year old light! I just found a new one in the store to replace my wife's lost one... it didn't matter to her that the newer lights put out more lumens. She just loved the amazingly simple UI - turn it down to go lower and turn it up to go brighter!

Let's get a new one of these made with an XP-L HI and perhaps a tail clicky + change the selector ring to go down to .1 lumens but not off. (It's a really bad idea to have 2 off options on the same light!) I'd pay a couple hundred bucks for one...

Everyone is aware that Jetbeam re-introduced the RRT-01 right? Thank goodness they realized what a winner they had!

bltkmt

Enlightened
thanks for the review
Im interested in buying a Niteye Eye 10, if anyone wants to sell theirs please PM me

Merry Xmas!

Late to the party, but I do have an Eye10 as well as the Sunwayman V10R TI available. Please PM me if interested.

Latest posts