• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Got Red?

[FONT=&quot]
oA9gIsn.jpg
[/FONT]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
That's actually kinda cool. So $165 for red version? Yes. Cant buy the Red LED in bulk so the price is retail + shipping on the LED.
Can turbo mode be ran for a longer time? Nope. Just like SBT90.2 White. Its hot fast on Turbo.
Is there a blue version? Let me ask. Does anyone know?
If so, would the Lumen and lux be same as red? Or better? My meters cant measure color accurately so who knows but my guess is blue will have more lux as blue tends to reach further than red due to smaller wavelengths packing a denser punch. hahaha IDK

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
All caught up with KR1vn orders :)

If you ordered one and have not gotten tracking you can email me.

Enlightened
The X9L is actually quite a bit bigger. If you're going to be carrying it around anyway. The X9L has a little tighter hotspot and throws a little further but nothing crazy and that's the only difference I notice. Weight seems the same since the KR1 is pretty chunky for an 18650 light. The X9L is smooth and slippery hence the rubber band and the rubber ring, the KR1 has a little more grip to it.

I prefer the KR1, for me it is better overall due to the size and the switch with trit, the smaller head makes it easier to carry. The switch on the X9L is very short to activate (identical to FW3A) where the KR1 has more travel and requires more force to activate which is nice. Both drain batteries like crazy on turbo which is expected. I pretty much just use turbo on these for a few seconds at a time and they are awesome.

0-E17-B99-A-BADC-4699-9102-21-EF5-D803-BDC.jpg

C078568-F-8-F3-C-45-A8-B616-2-C20107-E1-C77.jpg

Last edited:

Dogfish77

Newly Enlightened
Nothing to do with Vinh, as the mail is out of his hands but an idea of mail times I'm in the UK and after 20 days my KR1vn has travelled from Vinh to Atlanta, Georgia.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Nothing to do with Vinh, as the mail is out of his hands but an idea of mail times I'm in the UK and after 20 days my KR1vn has travelled from Vinh to Atlanta, Georgia.

Tracking can be odd sometime. Sometimes it just shows up. Definitely more transit delays nowadays but nothing is lost though.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This is one of my best seller as of late. Currently we are restocking again. All orders has been fulfilled (except for the recent surprisingly popular Red SBT versions) but if you just ordered this light then there is a 1.5-2 weeks wait.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X9L is actually quite a bit bigger. If you're going to be carrying it around anyway. The X9L has a little tighter hotspot and throws a little further but nothing crazy and that's the only difference I notice. Weight seems the same since the KR1 is pretty chunky for an 18650 light. The X9L is smooth and slippery hence the rubber band and the rubber ring, the KR1 has a little more grip to it.

I prefer the KR1, for me it is better overall due to the size and the switch with trit, the smaller head makes it easier to carry. The switch on the X9L is very short to activate (identical to FW3A) where the KR1 has more travel and requires more force to activate which is nice. Both drain batteries like crazy on turbo which is expected. I pretty much just use turbo on these for a few seconds at a time and they are awesome.

0-E17-B99-A-BADC-4699-9102-21-EF5-D803-BDC.jpg

C078568-F-8-F3-C-45-A8-B616-2-C20107-E1-C77.jpg
Nice! Perfect comparison! Thank you!

W1.1 specs for throw/cd? Would be a sick pocket thrower with short body... curious if it can out throw my Lumintop Micro GTvn W1.1... if so, may be time to retire the little 14500 cell.

Micro has a MUCH bigger reflector so no way.

Really? The Micro has a 36mm head... the KR1 is 35mm head. Must be different depth or something for you to say 1mm difference is MUCH bigger. I thought they would be neck and neck.

Unless you thought I was talking about the Lumintop GT mini (which DEFINITELY has a much bigger head haha)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just compared them. The diff is not "MUCH" bigger as I thought.

Diameter: 30.42mm VS 31.87 ~ 1.5mm
Height 20.2mm VS 29.51mm ~ 9.5mm

[FONT=&quot]
bjj26j1.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
YFlvkt8.jpg

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
rXL6gXc.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only gripe is how this light steps down quickly from high. Makes no sense because it's not even hot at all... and it doesn't do it when on turbo, which is extremely hot.