• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Non-battery-crush QTC flashlights (2nd run and combo package now available)

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ON SALE! Fraz Labs QTC flashlights (3rd run now available version 1.1)

Fraz, are you still out there? :shrug: I am looking to acquire some QTC. I sent an email to you from your webpage, but got no response. :thinking: There has been no activity in this thread now for months also, which makes me wonder if you are still in business.

gunga

Flashaholic

Doubt it. I've been waiting for the 18350 light for two years.

geisto

Newly Enlightened

I don't think he ever found a shop that could produce the parts for either the 26650 and 18350 lights at the right price. I PM'ed him a few weeks ago and no reply.

Mike: PM me on the QTC.

TheFraz

Enlightened

I don't think he ever found a shop that could produce the parts for either the 26650 and 18350 lights at the right price. I PM'ed him a few weeks ago and no reply.

This is correct. Although I will not give up. Without my own CNC machines it is next to impossible to produce the parts the way they are currently designed (without them being very expensive). So since my last post I have taken the opportunity to redesign the light. I have taken the characteristics I didn't like about the old light and improved them. The number one item I wanted to fix was making the QTC easier to replace by the user - which I have figured out. The new version of the light will allow the user to replace the QTC without taking the light apart. The catch was making these changes while also making the light easier to produce. I didn't want to release much information before I had the lights near ready to sell (I know how frustrating it is to wait on a new product). But the good new is the light will be ready to sell as soon as these prototypes pass torture tests.

I think you guys will like the new changes. I've been machining physical prototypes these last few weeks, so I can post a few pictures when I make one that looks refined. And congrats to the folks who have originals....the parts on the inside of that light are apparently more expensive to produce than I was selling them :)

Sorry again for the lack of contact. I will be much more active as this light finally takes form.

Thanks,
Fraz

Last edited:

darkknightlight

Enlightened

I look forward to seeing your new developments!

gunga

Flashaholic

That's cool. I'll always buy one if you make a nice 18350 and or 18650 one.

darkknightlight

Enlightened

I would be really interested in an 2x 18350 form factor with a tir based mtg2.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I'm interested when you finally have them ready.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM sent!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am down for one. I absolutely love the one I got a while back. Thing is a tank! Everyone who collects lights must own one of these!

18350 still in the works??

TheFraz

Enlightened

Some good news on progress! Finished a completely functional user-replaceable QTC engine prototype tonight. Works very smoothly. QTC is replaceable without any tools or disassembly required. It's exactly what I wanted in the original, and now it finally works without compromising durability.

Also in another breakthrough, this is going to be the only light I know of that has zero wires. Another goal I have always wanted to implement. One less thing to break...

Complete redesign with the 26650 light and the new light (the Nugget). They will both have more throw and the Nugget will be designed to accept 18650 and 18350 bodies. Pics and videos up as soon as I can.

-Fraz

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
That is GREAT news! Congratulations on finishing up the prototype. Can't wait to see it for sale.....the Nugget :thumbsup:

:popcorn:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jaw-dropping. Very much looking forward to seeing images. I plan on buying either an 18650 or 26650. Let us know what emitter you will use.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I'm in too when they're ready.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Count me in for all of them! I love my QTC now, I can only imagine how rugged the new ones will be!