Nor. California/Bay Area CPF Get-togerther this Saturday

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here we go... Enjoy!!

Can you name some of the lights on this table? There's the one and only Sleeper. I never thought I ever get to see that in person. WOW! Thanks a ton for bring it Andreas! :twothumbs: He also ran into a Star Trek convention on the way over and bought a couple of lights off a couple of Klingons! They're in the middle. One's called a Porcupine :) The the surprisingly light M6 and the Tiger11. Wish I had time to have a showdown on those two. The Barbolight and the X990 HiD. You don't see the incredable MegaRay on there because there's not enough room! We've got some killer beamshots coming though.
evillaugh.gif

Here's Gadget_Lover's hand, holding the Ghost II and the new Gatlight which is a work of art. Wish i had more time to play with it. I would have liked to mes around with the level adjustments, all the way to 1A!

This NEW light which will be available soon was one of the highlights for me. It's Endevour's CR2 ION running CREE LED on a primary 3w CR2 battery. It was really a beautiful piece or work and it was hard for Harry to get it out of my hands As many know I'm going through a 'flood' phase and this light delivered. Running at 350mA High and I forget the low. The flood was incomparable. It was like my A19 with less hotspot. I took it to my room for LUX readings and it put out 75 very wide and usable LUX on high and ONE LUX on low. The tint was a warm white like what the McLux TK reflector does and the reflector looked of similar material.

NOTE to Endeavor, people really liked the light and most wanted a brighter low level. I liked it low but would prefer it as a 3rd level and the 350 as a medium 2nd level. Then probably 550mA or so for the High 1st Level. Not sure if it's even possible to do. Just my 2 cents. Definately put me up high on the list for your new CR2 ION in Green! Like this one. :D

Here's one of the OSRAM toys. I was told it uses organic LEDs?? Not sure if I heard that right.
Also found out that OSRAM uses the CREE for its new lights and prototypes.

Here's a close up of all the OSRAM demo stuff including the Golden Dragon and O something. (I forget) LOL But it was very bright.

Vidpro's Custom TriLux has 3 Adjustable LEDs with a BOOST button for a big kick, then underneath he has some UV LEDs accessable with another button and then through the middle a pretty potent LASER! Oh, and it runs off a single LiON D cell. Nice work :)

OK! Let's go outside where some of the big lights can strut their stuff.
Here' JimH with his Maxabeam and his 4x4 decked out in Glow tubes

I'll post this right now and add some seriously insane lights and some bling to imageshack within the next 20 minutes... :)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Here are some more pics out on the front lawn. BTW The Xmas lights a C7 Red LEDs available at Costco of $15 for a 65ft long string. The one string goes across the top of the house, end-to-end.

Here's a shot of the MegaRay that Andreas brought. I had to look behind me as I thought he was blowing up the house across the street!! LOL ...It just looks so potent for a little flashlight.
fighting38.gif

We are very fortunate to have a passionate collector like Andreas in the area and willing to come out and play with some of his toys.
Big Cheers To Andreas!!!

The Flashaholic Gods were smiling down on us last night. It was clear sky with no light pollution from the city or the thin sliver of a moon. We also don't have streetlights in the neighborhood so we couldn't ask for more. Giddy I tell you, just giddy.
SEN_smilewide.gif

Vidpro posted some kewl pics and one was a beamshot down the road at the house. And here's what happened to his butt while he was taking the picture for you guys!

I think this was the Sleeper lighting up the the house 130 meters away. IIRC??

Here's our beloved USL starting another fire! I shot a couple of movies that came out pretty good but I dont have a clue how make them available for viewing, let me know. One is of a USL with a 3" head starting a fire and the other is everyong introducing themselves.

Here's one for the Bling-O-Meter. Those Costco HiDs are sick. I can't believe I missed out on those. Group buy anyone??

That's yours truly, using some over-excited time-exposure stupid camera tricks. Andreas fired up his wicked orange Lambo and if you closed your eyes your think it was NASCAR at 10pm!! But the two attorneys accross the steet would not have appreciated that so thanks for holding back the reins on those ponies.

All in All, a great night. I missed a bunch of lights due to there just being too many to see and too many good people to talk to. Thanks again eveyone :)

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are all the faces of the people who stayed through the raffle which usually signifies the end of a great evening.

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were you guys trying signal me with all those lights pointing to the sky :D
Although I was not able to make it there, believe me my thoughts are with you all.

WOW! What a great get together. So many great smiling faces. It looks like one of the largest turnout for a while.

That poor house at the end of the street. Evertime there's a get together at Tony's, it always becomes THE LONG RANGE throw target. While those palm tree are short & mid range.

Jim: How could there be any left over? Did your famous beans make it there? Those food are definitely better than the hospital food.

Tony & Daniel: Katie & Julia are doing very well. We should be able to head home tomorrow after the "bilibopin" test. BTW: Julia was borned on 11:34AM.

Daniel, I haven't had as much luck as your mother did. Both Andrew and Julia were borned at O'Connor. Andrew is a hand full. Little devil by most standard. It look like his little sister is not much different. She can already output 90dB of screaming power @ 2AM. :D

But I'm looking forward to collecting 1-2 more of these precious in the near future. Hopefully it doesn't dampens my flashaholicism.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anyone happen to notice an extra flashlight mixed in with their gear when they got home? I seem to be missing a black 32 LED light about 5" long with button on the side and 2xCR123 inside.

It's one of the least expensive lights I own, but it makes a good demonstration light, and it gives a real bright flood for walking around.

With all the lights we had out, it's amazing more mixups didn't occur.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL I've got that one Jim. I'll bring it over with my new Harbor Freight 35w HiD. It should be here pretty quick. :)

Paulr is missing his Mag85 mod so please check your inventory. I'm looking around the house but don't see it here.

Send him a PM to paulr if it turns up

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump for Paulr who had his Mag85 go missing near the end of the get-together. Send him a PM if you've found it in your collection.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to thank CromagNet for opening up his house to host this event and spending all the time showing me his miniMag mods. He was a most generous host and made everyone feel right at home. It was my first CPF event and I had a great time. Good people. Lots of lights to play with and talk about.

Several people really liked my Fivemega two-pila conversion for my HP head, Ultrastinger bulbed Streamlight Stinger. There is a feeler going around to get Fivemega to do another run for those still interested.

Also, I think JimH was the one who showed me his Mag 6C conversion. What was in that mod again? Considering the same mod.

lit

Newly Enlightened
Tony & Fellow CPF'ers – Thanks for making my first CPF function a most excellent one. I was nervous at first because I was probably the least flashucated of the bunch, but my nervousness soon subsided when I started to talk with folks and found how generous everyone was with their knowledge. I would also like to thank whoever donated the X5 as this is my first LED flashlight!

I look forward to seeing you all soon…. Lit ….AKA Guest

KingSmono

Enlightened
CromagNet said:

That's yours truly, using some over-excited time-exposure stupid camera tricks. Andreas fired up his wicked orange Lambo and if you closed your eyes your think it was NASCAR at 10pm!! But the two attorneys accross the steet would not have appreciated that so thanks for holding back the reins on those ponies.

Whoa! Who drives the Porsche Cayenne (Turbo?) and the Lambo???!!?! And you guys thought *flashlights* were expensive hobbies...

-Allen

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
KingSmono said:
Whoa! Who drives the Porsche Cayenne (Turbo?) and the Lambo???!!?! And you guys thought *flashlights* were expensive hobbies...

-Allen
Hehe. That's my little Cayanne and it is a Turbo model. Andreas has the lambo, among his many other 'toys' eheheh. :)

jay7430

Newly Enlightened
the lamborgini gallardo is my dream car! *drools* i'm new to the flashlight scene, and in bay area, san mateo. looks like a cool event. I just ordered my first flashlight Fenix L1P, so I am a newbie. Everyone seems very helpful and friendly!