Not a real brand?!

gsxrac

Enlightened
Haha I actually had a buddy over that is somewhat of a flashaholic hes just not into forums and online stuff. I showed him my malkoff Drop-in for my 4D mag and he said "Ohh ive got a magled too!" I proceded to inform him that it wasnt a "magled" it was a high end drop-in LED replacement. So he pulled his out and we shone them around in the trees for a couple minutes and sure enough 5 minutes later he said "well there wasnt a whole lot of difference when we first turned em on but yours is way brighter than mine now!" then I explained heat sinking and regulation and a few other reasons why the Malkoff drop-ins are superior to the magled replacement led things.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Typical ignorant consumer who only knows half a dozen brand names.
Budweiser, Levis, Ford, Oscar Meyer, Pampers and Fritos! :twothumbs

I'm like a lot of others here and don't like to make a big deal out of what I own but I constantly have people come up to me in the bar and say they have or a friend of theirs has the exact same guitar I have, although they can't tell the name of it. Which is when I usually ask them if they're sure it has a graphite top and receive the reply "Well it's just like that." :shakehead

Panaphonic

Newly Enlightened
I was at the police supply store looking for a holster for my TK11 and when I handed it to the shop keeper he said, this is an oddball light and no belt holster or pouch would fit it because it's not a real brand. He tried a few and found one, but I didn't want to spend that much. So I ended up just buying a new wallet and leaving without a new holster for my light.

SO my question is... is Fenix a "real" brand? Am I out of line for thinking the shop keeper is just ignorant and doesn't know any better? Maybe he thought Fenix should be spelled Phoenix.

I think he assumed it was a surefire knock-off, the tk11 is similar in shape and function to a 6p, so it's reasonable to believe he thought it was an imitation.

strinq

Enlightened
I'm like a lot of others here and don't like to make a big deal out of what I own but I constantly have people come up to me in the bar and say they have or a friend of theirs has the exact same guitar I have, although they can't tell the name of it. Which is when I usually ask them if they're sure it has a graphite top and receive the reply "Well it's just like that." :shakehead

You have a rainsong?
We can't get em here in Malaysia. :mecry:
More of an electric player myself (sorry hardcore flashaholics, i'm more of a guitarist than a flashaholic but I still am one! :grin2:).