Not very impressed with my new LF EO-E2R....

Howecollc

Enlightened
I'll do a runtime test sometime soon with both the IMRs and RCRs on a 6 cell Mag bulb (which pulls around .82 amps), and see what we get.

But let me reiterate the other point I made earlier. As Outdoors Fanatic pointed out as well, there is the danger of damaging IMR cells by running them down too low. It's nice not having to worry about this with the protected RCRs.

You are quite lucky to fit RCR123s in any newer Surefire E-series lights. I had eight of them, and only two would fit in a couple of my newer E-series bodies about a year ago.
Were you using AW RCRs or another brand?

Adirondack47

Newly Enlightened
Wow, looks like I missed quite a hurrah in being away for a few days.

Lots of fat to chew here which is good because im at work. Thanks for all the input FlashKat and Howecollc and the rest of you that chimed in as well.

Ill take a look at the AW's and IMR cells. For my own edification; I already have a DSD2 charger (purchased from DX but im not sure fo the sku at the exact moment) would i be able to recharge the AW's or IMR's with said charger?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, looks like I missed quite a hurrah in being away for a few days.

Lots of fat to chew here which is good because im at work. Thanks for all the input FlashKat and Howecollc and the rest of you that chimed in as well.

Ill take a look at the AW's and IMR cells. For my own edification; I already have a DSD2 charger (purchased from DX but im not sure fo the sku at the exact moment) would i be able to recharge the AW's or IMR's with said charger?

Yes, no problem.

Just for clarification: the IMR cells are also made by AW. The black cells are standard Li-Ion rechargeable batteries (LiCo chemistry) and the red ones (LiMn chemistry = IMR).