NVGs on the cheap

bestcounsel

Enlightened
Im looking to buy some NVG's mono's on the cheap. Does anyone know where to get some good ones for cheap or rather inexpensive.

Thanks

outersquare

Enlightened
i bought a 2x nightowl at walmart for $109, but i don't think it's useful.

Image is distorted and small.
The center is almost clear, but the edges are blurry.
Image is small as mentioned, objects appear smaller than they actually are.

using ambient light only, the image is only marginally brighter.
Assisted is much brighter, but the range is limited and leaves a trace red beam.

lucio

Newly Enlightened
I'm (very) interested too in a night vision device.

I'm european though, so I guess night vision of third generation from the States are off limits not only for price but even for legal reason, right?

anyway, I don't really have a price limit, just love NV and since I have done some money now I'm trying to get some information around (btw: not easy at all finding some useful source of information about NV! :shakehead) and possibly buying something right away if I can efford it. but if I can't but I found something that really struck me I can wait and start putting away more money till I can have it. so.. don't really know what's the price limit for me.

a couple of question for the experts:
I have a couple of question too: does IR light help at all with 2nd generation and 3rd generation or is it most of all for 1st generation?

and a 1st generation with A LOT of IR light, could get anywhere near a 2nd or a 3rd generation os it's not just a matter of how many light you can dispose of but also of inner quality related to the generation standards?

so in the end for the first generation it all revolves around how many IR you can give him or no matter the IR light you can't never get to have a very clear vision?

and then the 1 million dollars question: would you go for a high quality 1st generation or for a cheap 2nd generation? and the same question just one level higher: a high end 2nd generation or a cheap 3rd generation?

thank you to anybody is going to answer!