Object/Subject Review: Nitecore SENS Series (Featuring Active Dimming Technology)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Thanks :). I'm guessing dealers will be posting prices later today. I don't own any IMR cells, but my guess is that the CR would overheat and damage itself pretty quick. The AA might be able to handle the extra current. With lights this tiny, there is not much heatsinking at all, so you have to be careful.

no, you can't lock in a brightness from ADT mode (though this is something I'd like to see in a future clicky version). The only way to get a fixed brightness is to turn it on at one of the three fixed brightness modes, low medium or high.
I'd

It should be pretty cheap based on the distribut. I'm guessing about $30.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Price update, it looks like dealers are selling these for about 32 USD, same price for any of the three models. :thumbsup:

bon1

Newly Enlightened
Just one question for you guys, is the lens used in the SENS series polymer or coated glass?

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! TurboBB's given me a bit of photography advice, and it's really improved my pictures a lot. :thumbsup:

Thx but you gotta give yourself all the credit. I only gave you one tiny hint re: the WB. Great job and pics! ^_^

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Just one question for you guys, is the lens used in the SENS series polymer or coated glass?"

polymer

Hoop

Enlightened
As far as achieving the ideal "walking beam" perhaps the answer lies in a technique which increases the lumen output when you raise the angle of the flashlight to look at a more distant object.

Posted in June 2006 by HarryN