Object/Subject Review: Nitefighter F30C

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Object/Subject Review: Nitefighter F30C (In Progress)

Ok, I've finished the notes in the Construction Quality section, and given a sketch of the UI. I'll have to come back and polish up the UI section later (the F30C is doing a runtime test on low right now, so I can't play with the UI at the moment).

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

H>M>L done by tailcap?
Any signs of PWM?
Thanks

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

H>M>L done by tailcap?
Any signs of PWM?
Thanks

Yes, you move through H-M-L by the tail cap button.

I don't know about PWM, I haven't tested for it yet (and like I said, right now it's in the middle of a run time test for low mode). If there is PWM, it hasn't been noticeable to me in my normal use so far.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

I added the run time data for High with 2x16340. The test of Low with 1x18650 is still going on, 50+ hours and output is still above 50%.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

another amazing review, thanks!

so it looks like, based on the barn pictures, that it's got a decently noticeable ring outside of its hotspot. is that annoying at all in usage?

also i really, for some odd reason, like how the tail cap has the keyed slot in it. for some reason that caught my eye and i like it

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Subjective review begun :thumbsup:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

The subjective review is almost complete, I'll just add a few more impressions after the low mode runtime test is done and I get a chance to play with it some more. At that time I'll also add more details to the UI section. After that I'd like to get some more, longer range beam shots.

The low mode run time test is currently almost to 65 hours, and is getting close to 50% of starting output, but isn't there yet.

another amazing review, thanks!

so it looks like, based on the barn pictures, that it's got a decently noticeable ring outside of its hotspot. is that annoying at all in usage?

also i really, for some odd reason, like how the tail cap has the keyed slot in it. for some reason that caught my eye and i like it

I haven't noticed a ring outside of the hotspot when I've been using the light, and I can't see it in the pictures, so I guess it's not that annoying in usage ;). After the low mode runtime test is done, I'll take it out for a spin and see if I can find it, maybe you've just got better eyes than me.

RCLumens

Enlightened

Many thanks again Bigmac - Really awesome rfeview. I'll be keeping my eyes open on where to buy one of these. The UI seems good and I like the fact that it has a clip. That would have been very useful for the T20CS.
Cheers - RC

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Many thanks again Bigmac - Really awesome rfeview. I'll be keeping my eyes open on where to buy one of these. The UI seems good and I like the fact that it has a clip. That would have been very useful for the T20CS.
Cheers - RC

Thanks for the complement! I'm going to be asking the folks at Nitefighter if they've got an idea on where/when these will be available.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Time to 50% of starting output on Low mode, using 1x18650 Callie's Kustoms 3100mAh:

2 days, 18 hours, 36 minutes, 26 seconds.

Very impressive :thumbsup:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

How come it would be "no rechargable" with extender(result in 3 123a profile)
And using two 17500/18500 is possible isnt it, it is still lower than 9V

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come it would be "no rechargable" with extender(result in 3 123a profile)
And using two 17500/18500 is possible isnt it, it is still lower than 9V

That's a very good point, I hadn't thought of that because I never use those sizes. Two 18500 cells would be just about the right length, and should double the run time of 16340s. Thanks for the correction, I'll update the review to reflect that.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, I've got a fun update, I've heard from Nitefighter where you can buy the F30C. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link or name the dealer, so if you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you.

I think I am allowed to say the price (mods correct me if I'm not allowed): $87.50

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Low mode 18650 run time test complete (finally!). Now I'll be able to move forward and finish this review. I added the runtime graph to the review. FYI, time to 50% is over 66 hours, full run time is over 190 hours.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

All runtime tests for 1x18650 and 2x16340 have been completed, and the graphs and runtime data added to the Performance section.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

In all honesty, I'm getting tired of all the twisty head lights. Everyone says they are designed for Military and Police. I can't imagine who told them that Police tool need to operated by two hands :thumbsdow

On the other hand I like the looks of this light, and the bezel size.