Object/Subject Review: Niteye EYE15

turkeylord

Enlightened
The screw came out easy enough, but below that metal and plastic ring is a circuit board that's loose enough to wiggle but attached to something on the other side, my guess is the wires to the LED. Because the attachment is on the far side, you can't get it at with a solder gun. I'm pretty sure they screwed the circuit board in with that ring, then soldered it from the far side, then glued down the bezel on top.

I haven't heard anything at all from Niteye recently, but I agree that an Eye15 without and the stops (and an updated emitter of course) would be excellent. My EYE10 is still one of my favorites because it doesn't have the stops and thus goes lower than any other light I own.
Ok, good to know. Niteye didn't respond to my website inquiry either. I think it would make an excellent EDC light.

gunga

Flashaholic
While not positive, I'm guessing the head is the same as the eye10 and very similar to the jetbeam rrt01. It's possible to dismantle. Take off the bezel to change the emitter. Take the LED out before dismantling further or you will rip the wires out of the circuit. This is very bad. It splits just above the control ring for changing of lube etc. It you don't like the dentents, you can take the spring and ball bearing out. You will lose the detent at the off position though. You could also try filling the unwanted detents with epoxy etc.

turkeylord

Enlightened
While not positive, I'm guessing the head is the same as the eye10 and very similar to the jetbeam rrt01. It's possible to dismantle. Take off the bezel to change the emitter. Take the LED out before dismantling further or you will rip the wires out of the circuit. This is very bad. It splits just above the control ring for changing of lube etc. It you don't like the dentents, you can take the spring and ball bearing out. You will lose the detent at the off position though. You could also try filling the unwanted detents with epoxy etc.
I did search for pics of a dismantled rrt-01, but didn't find anything. Maybe I'll order one and try it out. Thanks for the info. :)