Object/Subject Review: Sunwayman C20C

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened
Re: Object/Subject Review: Sunwayman C20C [In Progress]

It's kinda hard to tell with those banana hands........ But is this smaller than a e2d Incan? Looks like it is but I can't really tell compared to those meat hooks. LOL.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quick and dirty comparsion short: C20 and E2D

c20-e2d.jpg

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for that picture, I don't have a E2D to compare directly to. :thumbsup:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

UP!

Any long-term concerns and issues with this light?

I'm waiting for Mr. Postman to deliver mine in about three weeks. :)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

UP!

Any long-term concerns and issues with this light?

I'm waiting for Mr. Postman to deliver mine in about three weeks. :)

Nope, I have no concerns or issues, it continues to perform flawlessly.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened

Mine arrived from Batt Junction today. Tiny! Took the light out of the package, inserted aw3100 fresh off the pila and nothing, tried a few more clicks and it comes alive but turbo is fading in and out, switched to turbo and strobes very dim and red battery light starts to flash at the same interval as strobe. Inserted another fresh aw3100 light comes on with first click but the fading issue continued. I let the light run/burn for a few more minutes and the fade seems to have stopped. Inserted the first battery (dim strobe and flashing battery indicator battery) and all is well. Wtf? Does the smart switch need to heat up or charge? What would cause this?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived from Batt Junction today. Tiny! Took the light out of the package, inserted aw3100 fresh off the pila and nothing, tried a few more clicks and it comes alive but turbo is fading in and out, switched to turbo and strobes very dim and red battery light starts to flash at the same interval as strobe. Inserted another fresh aw3100 light comes on with first click but the fading issue continued. I let the light run/burn for a few more minutes and the fade seems to have stopped. Inserted the first battery (dim strobe and flashing battery indicator battery) and all is well. Wtf? Does the smart switch need to heat up or charge? What would cause this?

That's disappointing! I haven't seen that sort of behavior with any type of cell, including an aw 3100. Contact BJ, I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened

As of now the light is performing flawlessly. Seems like the electronics needed to be broken in. In selfbuilt's review he mentioned he had a similar issue an chocked it up to sub-standard batteries. I think there maybe a design flaw with the circuit, perhaps a weak capacitor or connection.
I will put the light through its paces this weekend and re-evaluate then. My guess is that it won't be a problem unless the light is left un-used with no voltage for weeks as I am sure it did prior to purchase. Fingers crossed.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear it's working better now. You'll have to let us know how out holds up

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

tubed

Enlightened

thanks for all the great data. i'm seriously considering buying one of these. I'm curious if anyone has any experience using this light with regular cr123s. i think in Selfbuilts review it states that they do not generate as much light or activate the low battery light. has anyone tried using them with this light?
PS - this might be the light that gets me to buy a couple 18650s and a charger

Chowderhead72

Newly Enlightened

Do it!!! Start with the good stuff Karli,AW and pila or one of the other well reviewed chargers. Remember to buy quality batteries and chargers to reduce the inevitable.

By the way My light is working as it should and I like it a lot. Not sure about keeping the t20cs on the way however, not due to quality, I just don't need it. I tried to cancel my back ordered t20 but BJ shipped toooooo fast. Lol

Last edited:

Gauthier

Newly Enlightened

Hi !
First, thanks to you Bigmac 79 for the great review, it has been a pleasure reading it and it was exactly what I need to convince me to purchase this particular flashlight.
I have a question for you guys, from wich website should I command this flashlight ? I would like a website with fair customer service, because I have a long history with item not working so well... =)
Also, it's probably important to say that I live in Europe (Belgium) so it would need to shiped overseas :) I saw you mentionned Batteryjunction.com ? I've also fund Manafond and Dealextreme mentionned on the forum ?
Also, I would need to purchase 18650 batteries (and charger), I guess I should go for AW batteries ?
Thanks for the help, and sorry if the questions sounds trivials to you, I'm new in the flashlight community ;)

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened

I have a question for you guys, from wich website should I command this flashlight ? I would like a website with fair customer service, because I have a long history with item not working so well... =)
Also, it's probably important to say that I live in Europe (Belgium) so it would need to shiped overseas :) I saw you mentionned Batteryjunction.com ? I've also fund Manafond and Dealextreme mentionned on the forum ?

DE: http://www.lampentroll.de/themes/kategorie/detail.php?artikelid=376

DE: http://www.flashlightshop.de/product_info.php?products_id=8560

UK: http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/sunwayled/sunwayman-c20c.html

I have bought from flashaholics two times without problems (last time I got the wrong batteries but I got the money refunded quickly).
I don't know the two other german shops.

Also, I would need to purchase 18650 batteries (and charger), I guess I should go for AW batteries ?
Thanks for the help, and sorry if the questions sounds trivials to you, I'm new in the flashlight community ;)

C20C works with CR123A and 18650. In the long run, 18650 + charger is the cheapest solution. Either 18650 from Eagletac or AW. Eagletac uses Panasonic cells. I don't know about AW, but many uses AW. I have 6 AW 18650. Standard UltraFire 18650 changer is fine. Otherwise, Sysmax charger from flashaholics. Sysmax is the company behind NiteCore.

Gauthier

Newly Enlightened

Hi,
Thanks UlrikJ for your answer, it helped me, I will probably order from Flashaholics considering you had a good experience =) so excited to get this flashlight, the second of a collection, and not the last I hope :)
Thanks !

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

bump!

any new C20C owners care to share their experience?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Um it's a good light? :) I do like the Nitecore EC2 over this though... Better runtime, locator beacon/battery indication, diffuser option...

brag

Newly Enlightened

I've been loving the C20C, but after 10 days of EDC, my light has developed a glitch. After it's in my pocket for a few hours, I pull it out and it won't turn on. The light isn't locked, but it won't turn on, or unlock, I need to remove the battery, then it's OK. I've tried all 4 of my Callies 3100's and 2 High_maxes. I'm going to test all my batteries again, then send it back if needed.