Object/Subject Review: Sunwayman C20C

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Object/Subject Review: Sunwayman C20C [In Progress]

Update on the review: I've got a new camera, so the beamshots are posted, and this review is complete. :thumbsup:

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened

So far, nobody succeeded in opening this light ?
I am interested in it but only if I can mod it (450 lumens is not enough ! :D)

Nestor

Newly Enlightened

So far, nobody succeeded in opening this light ?
I am interested in it but only if I can mod it (450 lumens is not enough ! :D)

What about an Eagletac D25LC2 with 740 lumens? 22.5mm x115mm is very small as well.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to calibrate my lightbox to give measurements in lumens, but I think 620 is very believable.

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened

I have just noticed Sunwayman released a new version of the C20C, putting 650 lumens in turbo mode (instead of 450), and 450 lumens in high mode (instead of 250). Seems to be a nice torch now !

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been loving the C20C, but after 10 days of EDC, my light has developed a glitch. After it's in my pocket for a few hours, I pull it out and it won't turn on. The light isn't locked, but it won't turn on, or unlock, I need to remove the battery, then it's OK. I've tried all 4 of my Callies 3100's and 2 High_maxes. I'm going to test all my batteries again, then send it back if needed.

I know this is a little late, but my C20C would not work last night. I tried 4 known good batteries. The fix: Unscrew the head and use circlip pliers to tighten the lock ring! Fixed mine!

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened

I just got one of these and wow!!! it's my instant new favorite light! On just looks alone it's a winner, but what I really like about it is that one switch does everything. No fumbling with a clicky in the back and then looking for the button on the side, or clicky on the back and then having to rotate a mechanical ring. One button does it all!! And it's so compact, barely bigger than the battery. The beam is perfect too, a nice balance. If I could change anything, I'd like the light to cycle from low to high rather than high to low, but it's not a big deal. A moonlight mode would be killer too, but I have other lights for that. I got mine for a blowout deal for $30 ..... so it was a total no brainer! :naughty: