• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wquiles

Flashaholic
To add to Eric's note, his adapters in fact are the most efficient in terms of space used. However, as Eric states, with the variation of cell diameter, it is nearly impossible to find a stock "D" Mag host that will work with 4xAA cells, as the nominal inside diameter of 1.347" does not allow for 4xAA cells to fit - at least in 5 years I have not found "rechargeable" AA cells that fit in a stock "D" host. After doing over a 100 custom 1xD's, maybe 1/3 of them inside bored for 4xAA's, I feel that you "have" to do inside boring to fit 4xAA's.

Will

Last edited:

porter686

Newly Enlightened
Hi Eric,

If I can use alkaline, ni-cad and NmHd in your adaptors, I would like to buy one wired so I can use 9AA in my 3D maglite with a 2-3 cell led, a 3 cell only led, and my Malkoff 3-6 cell led. Just let me know the total price and when to send the payment.

Thanks
Dave

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi Dave,

A 9AA wired 3S3P is what you are looking for. They are available on a build-to-order basis. Price is the same as the 9AA adapter listed in the first post of this thread. I can have one ready to ship on Monday for you.

Eric

BingoBongo

Newly Enlightened
Hello Eric!

I get your PM,Thanks.

CPF-Nick: BingoBongo
1x 18650 Dummy Cell 7$
Shipping to Germany 2$

:paypal: for 1x 18650 Dummy Cell!!

Thank you very much for make this avabile!!!

Greetings Marc

mdocod

Flashaholic
BingoBongo,
Porter686,

Orders were shipped out a few days ago :) Sorry I missed getting an update here regarding that. Busy week!

-----

fortean101,
Order shipped out 9-26-11

Thank You,
Eric

Last edited:

porter686

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Eric,

I received it Friday, the quality and ease of use is as good as I was hoping for. Great adapter!

Dave

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hi Eric,

I had a custom request: could I get a couple of extremely short "dummy cells" (or spacers) of standard CR123A diameter (16 or 17mm, I guess) by 4mm length ?

Since 3P SureFires are tough to find (and expensive!), I have a SF L60 battery tube that is too long to fit (R)CR123's and too short to fit xx500's .... I measured the difference internally as 5/32" (or very nearly 4mm). I suppose I could use a couple of magnets instead, but would rather have something a bit more substantial for this "lego" light.

Please let me know if you can help with this, and how much (for, say, two of these). Thanks !

EDIT: I checked this measurement with a couple of different drop-ins, and found it to vary substantially depending on the length of the springs. However, I think that one or two 4mm spacers would probably give me enough flexibility to fit most of these which I might use :)

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi Eric,

I had a custom request: could I get a couple of extremely short "dummy cells" (or spacers) of standard CR123A diameter (16 or 17mm, I guess) by 4mm length ?

Since 3P SureFires are tough to find (and expensive!), I have a SF L60 battery tube that is too long to fit (R)CR123's and too short to fit xx500's .... I measured the difference internally as 5/32" (or very nearly 4mm). I suppose I could use a couple of magnets instead, but would rather have something a bit more substantial for this "lego" light.

Please let me know if you can help with this, and how much (for, say, two of these). Thanks !

EDIT: I checked this measurement with a couple of different drop-ins, and found it to vary substantially depending on the length of the springs. However, I think that one or two 4mm spacers would probably give me enough flexibility to fit most of these which I might use :)

Hi archimedes,

No problem. PM incoming.

----------------------

Any idea how much current the 3AA to D adapter could take before melting?

Probably more than most AA cells will ever give up.

Eric

BingoBongo

Newly Enlightened
Hello Eric!

I get the 18650 Dummy Cell from you.I fits perfectly,and the finish ist clean and solid.Thank you for your very good work and the fast shipping.

Cheers
Marc

jedavet

Newly Enlightened
Nice products!

Can you PM me the price for Two (2) 18650 Dummy Cells?

Thanks!

flex76italy

Enlightened
Hello Eric,

no one has never asked before an adapter for side by side 18650 cells in a mag host? I need an adapter that can be switched for parallel or series for18650 cells....adattable also for 2D mag to 6D...if possible obvious!

Please let me know, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.