of all the high output cheap lights, which is best?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Ultrafire C1 really made an impression in my EMT class. I've removed the strike bezel (even though I think the SS looks very nice) to protect pockets as well as the lens, but still an attractive light with a bright high and a very intense strobe.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
300 lumens for $30?

anyone got personal 'hands on' experience with these lights?

are they anywhere near that bright in reality? (compared to a known lumens light side by side)

doesnt even say what kind of batteries they require?

im hoping its 2 x rcr123? or 2 x AA??

if its close to 300 (and wont melt itself in 12 minutes) it looks like the winner of this comp.
:party:

I have the Solarforce R2-M drop in its rated at something like 300 Lumens. its NO WHERE near that bright. Maybe 150L (tops) on high at 8.4V.

Solarforce severely over rates the output of their P60 modules and clone lights. Their L2 uses 2xCR123 or 2xRCR123.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah if you do order from DX make sure that every item is in stock or you'll be waiting far longer than Christmas for the back ordered stuff.
That's not a guarantee. I've ordered "in stock" items that ended up not being in stock when they processed...ended up with a 1 week delay on my order.

As for high output cheap light, I'll echo what others have said...the RC-N3 Q5 from shiningbeam is a very bright, well constructed, versatile light.

I use mine in the 2xAA configuration with Eneloops and it's a great light.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about a Maglite with a KD Q5 dropin
teenager and Rechargeable cells ..... Not a good idea

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Superfire WF1000 (actual lumens are in the 600-800 range) is around $75 and most likely the brightest light out there for that pricerange...but it is poorly made, and I personlly would never give it as a gift...I would stay with at least the Fenix quality level for any gift...

Dave, Which light is that? I may need one for a beater. Is it the Ultrafire WF-1000L SSC P7? I couldn't find a Superfire WF1000.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually Solarforce's are quite bright - 200 OTF lumens (not 300 lumens though).

EagleTac T10C2 is quite impressive but it's a little over $50. It's nice quality flashlight for long time.

About P7's. There are many DX flashlights but all of them uses 18650 cells, just a few 4xCR123A.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i opted for the romisen rc-c3 q5. (love my rc-n3s)

got one for the teenager,

and errr one for myself :whistle:

maybe not 350 lumens but it might last him a while and get used

especially if he throws it in his glove box, forgets about it until he needs a light one random night:thumbsup:

ill give him a few primaries with it.

thanks all,

BobDeLaLuz

Newly Enlightened
The one I like to give away is the Romison RC-N3 Q5 from shiningbeam, I do take into regard the recipient's knowledge of Lithium safety and steer them in the right direction.