Ok, had to chuckle when I saw this thing......

nodoubt

Banned
Who are you referring to?

thought i made it pretty clear, as i drug the quote from coxwpd into my post...
to answer your question as plainly as i can, i was talking to COXWPD .....

i say delete this whole conversation when you read this, as it has nothing to do with the original post...
your other replay to me on this public forum has nothing to do with the thread either......
i guess you just had to flex your little cyber muscles for the world to see by banning me ....

pretty funny actually when i saw it....
i guess people can make an ignorant comment on here, and you have to keep your mouth shut when they do ?

anyways, do what u will with this matter, im done with it....

nodoubt out.........

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I literally almost peed myself when I clicked on that link.. Don't take a flashlight to a gunfight! That thing better emit pain waves or something!!! Unbelievable!!! Now here's the real question: who's going to take one for the team and buy one to review??? :D

Shao

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now here's the real question: who's going to take one for the team and buy one to review??? :D

Shao

Hey Shao, after many behind the scenes PMs amongst ourselves, we've concluded that who but YOU would be the best candidate. We await your pending review! :)

Soon after, we expect you to be offering replacement O-rings for this thing. :D

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I guess Shao's off the hook.

Here's a MEGARAY review with lots of good detail photos. (2004)

(Speaking of "Had to chuckle", apparently this light has a strobe mode!)

P.S. This is one of the reviews referred to by Size15's. The older links to this review from CPF no longer work. I don't know if the reviewer, a CPF member, is still active here.

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh... it's all coming back to me now... I remember reading about that thing! Silly but cool concept actually... I bet with today's technology you could really turn it into a permanent blindness-inducer. Make it weapons mountable... :D

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to play with one a few months back and as I recall it smoked the MaxaBeam pretty good. Also as for the images remember it's a South African company.......so there norm is different than our norm :)

Mac

BassTib

Newly Enlightened
Megaray is not exactly the best name for it. The beret wearing "soldier" certainly does not help matters. It looks like this company is a serious and legitamit company, but when I looked up the MR2175 the descriptions on the images say "MR175 in action". Its just another picture of their product mounted on a vehicle. None of them were IN ACTION? They were just stilling there not even powered on? Pretty funny. They need to fire their advertising firm one and their photographer two. They picked the worst angles on the "in action" pics. Still it is pretty funny. The actual product seems to be a pretty solid piece of hardware. I want to know the soldier that volunteers to carry this thing around at night and use it. Talk about a attracting attention this thing would get you killed instantly if you use it like Frenchy the red beret man in the pics.

petersmith6

Enlightened
you may scoff...but try using one....in the realy world it made the maxa beam look like a incan 2 cell maglight. good colour rendision and the srobe can knock out a cow at 500 yards

BassTib

Newly Enlightened
you may scoff...but try using one....in the realy world it made the maxa beam look like a incan 2 cell maglight. good colour rendision and the srobe can knock out a cow at 500 yards

It appears to be a nice quality product, I was only saying they need to fire their advertising firm if they even used one. The ad is really lame. I am not in the military and even I look at the pictures and cant take them seriously. Hopefully we will get a review of this thing.

Latest posts