Ok, had to chuckle when I saw this thing......

Lobstradomus

Newly Enlightened
Oh please, is that seriously an ACOG scope they have mounted on that thing? Please tell me I'm seeing things.

Its not even a legit ACOG, looks like a knockoff Aimpoint made by NcStar. The whole idea of putting a red dot sight on that is kind of funny even aside from the fact that the light itself would completely wash out the dot anyway.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the E2DL just lost it's "Straight Ballin' Son" title...cause this Mega Ray is DEF "Skraight Ballin' Son"

"The new MegaRay...Straight Ballin'...from 3 Miles away"

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can laugh all you want to, but these things are the real deal.......
did you catch what the 4300 model is sporting ??
a 300 watt short arc triple element light...
good to light things up at close to 3 MILES !

DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANYTHING THAT CAN LIGHT STUFF UP AT 3 MILES ??
just curious...............................

While I do admit the marketing is totally cheesy, the device itself has merit. Time will tell, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this device used "somewhat" in certain tactical scenarios.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Well, I can't say much about that, but as I pointed out in the youtube link that was provided, mounting a cheap knockoff ACOG sight onto your product doesn't exactly give it much credibility IMO. And choosing an actor dresssed in attire from the Jean Claude Van Damme movie "Streetfighter" posing with megaray in hand, ready for combat doesn't help either.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just knew Leon would be contributing to the thread with his awesome artistic style, it's always a treat! Leon is awesome

Lucciola

Enlightened
Man, consider the possibilities! At the moment I just annoy my neighbours "testing" my lights (aka playing around). With that thing I could annoy the whole town!

That's why they chose such a grimly looking dude as model: Because you're definitely making yourself some enemies with this thing! :D

Harry999

Enlightened
Man, consider the possibilities! At the moment I just annoy my neighbours "testing" my lights (aka playing around). With that thing I could annoy the whole town!

That's why they chose such a grimly looking dude as model: Because you're definitely making yourself some enemies with this thing! :D

You won't have any enemies left - the MegaRay will deal with them...

wuyeah

Enlightened
Oh boy, the light boy doesn't get to carry a gun. Risk his life for everyone. A true CPF spirit!

iapyx

Enlightened
nodoubt said:
you can laugh all you want to, but these things are the real deal.......
did you catch what the 4300 model is sporting ??
a 300 watt short arc triple element light...
good to light things up at close to 3 MILES !

DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANYTHING THAT CAN LIGHT STUFF UP AT 3 MILES ??
just curious...............................

DM51 has
Well, at least one mile, but it would not surprise me if it can do more like two or three

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tech specs show about 180 minutes on low and 210 on strobe. But that guy carrying it... uh, wow. No words.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember that 3 mile range is a manufacturers claim, and we all know how that goes:shakehead

Burgess

Flashaholic
My first thought . . . .

This is gonna' attract EVERY SINGLE FLYING INSECT in a 3-mile radius ! ! !

:eeew:
_

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
All joking aside, this product maybe quite good, but the mounted acog scope and the cheesy advertising with Mr. Spec-ops doesn't help to give it any credibility IMO.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
MegaRay was the inspiration for my first short-arc mod, the Mega Blaster:
(The thread is hard to read as it was a re-built thread after CPF crash using Google catch)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-arc-mod-MegaRay-style&highlight=mega+blaster

Long Distance shoot out of my short arcs vs. Maxa Beam:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?315896-Superlights-shoot-out-2011-The-Short-Arcs

The one & only MegaRay Review by CPF Old timer kenshiro:
http://home.earthlink.net/~kenshiro2/superlights/superlights.html

Last edited:

Latest posts