ok if you won the big lotto what would you buy?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think we need some fun post after the news today. so what would you buy if ya hit the big lotto? me id buy a decent motorcycle and crazy high end stereo gear im talking headphones that range around 7000 bucks . id also gobto vegas

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there is nothing wrong with that mine would have 5 feet thick walls very well insullated so well that i could run the heat or ac one day per month and it would keep it the tempature i wanted it would also be flood proof.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, I'd have to hire a doctor bright enough to find out what's wrong with me and cure it, if possible, so I could be healthy enough to enjoy life. If I had my health back, maybe start with a trip backpacking and climbing in the Himalayas. I'd also want to give a good portion to the church. Also, buy a piece of property with a good off the grid solar and wind system with backup batteries. A good plug in hybrid Prius car. Also a truck for real work. A nice big house with a just as nice bomb shelter below it. Some livestock and horses and good crops grown in case something happens to screw up electricity. It would have to be lake or river front property with water rights. Then I'd want to spend some to help out my community. It's no fun having everything you want if you can't share it with others. My property would also have it's own paintball park. Our community would have fun and be expert marksmen if something bad were to happen.

chip100t

Enlightened
I know someone who won £17m about 15 years ago on the lottery. It caused rifts between him and his family and friends.

The reason why self made millionaires can live like millionaires is because they have an ongoing income to keep them millionaires.

If you get A one off payment of several million and choose the millionaire lifestyle of mansions, super cars, expensive holidays and spending what the average person earns in a month on a night out. You will not be a millionaire for long.

The guy I know bought a nice 4 bedroom house in a nice area for him and his family a new mid range Mercedes each for him and his wife and after a short spell of having given up work both went back part time to give them some purpose and stop the money slowly dwindling because interest rates on savings is crap and no investment is without risk.

After he won he gave his parents and in-laws enough money to pay off their mortgages and tens of thousands to not have to worry about money.

His brother who had his own business that has always done more than well enough to look after his family he gave £50,000 thinking it would give him a bit more security for if ever money ever gets tight.

But his brother went out and spent the lot on a boat before holding his hand out for more (he wanted £1m).And when he did not get it they stopped speaking.

He wasn't the only one,

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Water, bullets and gasoline……
kkona.png

jtr1962

Flashaholic
A state of the art survival shelter. Sorry but that's what I'd buy.
Same here. Of all the big ticket items I could think of this is the one which may actually be useful.

Besides that, I'd do the following:

1) Add a second story to my house
2) Bring my house completely carbon free and off-grid
3) Have full-time live-in help to take care of my mother
4) Give my brother, sister, and niece at least $1 million each, the idea being that they can quit their jobs and live life on their own terms
5) Invest the rest, hopefully grow it, and give to any charities I find worthy

I've always lived a fairly simple, spartan life. Having a lot of money isn't going to change that. I wouldn't even buy a car. Got by without one just fine all my life. I might buy a Tesla for my brother though. Basically to me money means security, not having to work a job you can't stand, and helping those less fortunate than you. It doesn't mean blowing it all on meaningless bling.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing as that my Subaru Outback decided to blow it's rear-end out, the first thing I'd buy is a new car.

We've been trying to pay off our other car before we replace the Subaru, it's been in "just-keep-it-working-hospice" and I think it heard us talking and said "OW! My rear-end is broken!" and has been at a transmission shop for a month while they try to find parts.

chip100t

Enlightened
I would buy a little detached house with enough land for me, a dog, my cat, a donkey and a small horse to keep the donkey company.

I have four brothers and sisters and over 20 nephews and nieces, some of which have problems with gambling or drugs.

So I would not give any of my nephews or nieces a penny because I would not want to be responsible for it having a negative impact on their lives, but would give my brothers and sisters enough so they could help their kids out if they chose.