what would you change about your self physically?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ps ill delete this if it is bothersome. but im just wondering for me i wish i was taller and bigger. so many things are not for short people from shoes to cloths. plus stores always put stuff where we cant reach them. but at least i dotn have to duck under stuff lol.. well what about you? and i promise ill delete this if asked!!!!! i want to be a good member here. but still be active somewhat

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have no idea how i still can here i listen to music so loud . .. cant see to well anymore. got some new glasses there like bifocal but have more focus points. i cant wear them they make me dizzy as hect ..

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing really, I'm just extremely grateful to still be here!

It's 12 months on since I had a bleed on the brain, or to be more precise a bleed in the Basal Ganglia, which is deep in the brain and which for 70%+ of sufferers proves fatal. It turned out that I had high blood pressure, 220/130 at the time of the bleed, that I was unaware of.

So be grateful for every day you have, this isn't a rehearsal, make the most of it!

TPA

Enlightened
I have a ton of health issues and have from a young age, but I'm not going to bore you with all of it.

Let's just say I've seen the "white light", and it wasn't battery-powered. For those curious, it definitely was neutral white*. When you're looking down at yourself 'from above' and see your body sitting lifeless and helpless in a hospital bed connected to machines, it's quite humbling. When (if) you come to and wake up, it's the most surreal and amazing feeling. Especially when the Dr says, "oh, you're awake today." TODAY? How long was I gone? You learn gratitude in an instant, and never forget it. I wish there was a way for people to gain that wisdom without going through that particular lesson; at the same time I hope no one has to experience it. You see and live your life differently from that day forward.

Lots of things I'd love to fix, but the primary ones I wish I could change are: better vision, no tinnitus, and my hearing back.

I have about 10-15" of vision without glasses and have had bad vision since I was young. I've had glasses since I was 8 and I've always wished I could see the alarm clock next to the bed at night. "Alexa" has been a godsend for so many things.

I used to have crystal clear, sensitive hearing. Well into the 30KHz range. I could hear palmetto bugs crawling on a wall (no joke). In broadcasting and recording we'd use >20KHz cue tones for me that would be inaudible to others and the final product. That was until a Dr prescribed me a strong antibiotic for C.Diff... Lost half my hearing in one ear, about a quarter of it in the other, and tinnitus that's ~80dB loud to me 24/7. Went from normal to garbage in 36 hours. Quite frightening. "It's temporary", the doctor said. Nope.

*Hmm.. I wonder if this is why I prefer neutral white lights...never considered it before.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'd want to keep my 13 or so year old self permanently. I thought I peaked in terms of physical attractiveness at that age. I think the majority of people do. I didn't like when I had to start shaving not long after. Might or might not want to also change a few of my features but I'm not sure.

I'm told I look much younger than my nearly 61 years, so there's that at least. Probably cycling and walking did it. Same with my siblings. My brother saw someone he went to high school with last week working at an auto store. The guy recognized my brother right away. My brother didn't recognize him at all. Same with most of the people I went to school with. Didn't see any in person, but when I look at pictures of recent reunions they're totally unrecognizable to me. Most look like grandparents. Aging in general just sucks. Would be nice if people just looked the same until they croaked.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Does Age count as physical?
If so, please re-wind the clock back 20 years.

Otherwise, I'd like a well-defined 6-pack of Abs.
I'd walk everywhere shirtless.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
One Fall morning in around 2002 a buddy and I were sitting under a maple tree out front of his apartment in the warm sun after a wake-n-bake and breakfast buffet when this really nice looking gal goes swishing past, hips all swayin', knowing we were impressed. I said "man I wanna be 10 years old again". He said "shut up and take another bong hit". I was like "no seriously, I want to go back to a mindset when drugs, alcohol, girls and money didn't even register to my brain", "when I knew what I wanted not what the grown ups say I want". He said "well do it".

A year later I lived 350 miles from everything and everyone I'd ever known and spent about 18 months getting to know just that was. When I came back all my so-called friends hated me. And guess what? It didn't bother me at all. My pop said "well wuddah ya know, you grew up". I said "well dad it's like this, while I was gone I turned 10 years old again".
Thing is, he knew exactly what I meant.