Old SF 6P repair

Warrant

Newly Enlightened
Cool board!

Ihave a 6p from the late 80s early 90s and my beloved son cooked the lens. I have read the posts about lens replacement and am unable to grasp whether I can actually get a poly carbonate lens and replace it myself. I have no desire to have the hex bezel on it as the old bezel has great character.
BTW it is complete with rubber red lens spare bulb and original holster. Unfortunately I can't remember where the box is...may have been chucked.

K-T

*Moderator*
Hi Warrant,

welcome to CPF.

The old 6P has a lexanlense which can easily be replaced. You'll need the Z17 lense replacement set which contains a new Lexan lense and some additional accessories to do the job.

Normally the 6P is delivered with the P60 lamp assembly and -back then- a nonlockout tailcap. You seem to have two extra accessories, the holster and a red beamfilter (if I understand your 'red rubber lense' correct).

Warrant

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed your location

Wir sprechen auch Deutsch...aber nur ein ganz kleines bischen (kein sz)

I searched the SF website but could not find the part. Any suggestions?

K-T

*Moderator*
The easiest way is to call their customer service - they'll be able to help you out for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If SureFire would list every item and part they have available I doubt we would be able to find a single thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif If my memory serves me right it is the Z17 lense replacement set - they should know what you need if you explain them what you are looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your German looks good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Warrant,
Welcome to CPF!

It all depends on how hard you look...

The Z17 can be ordered direct from SureFire or through one of CPF's Supporting SureFire Dealers.

Warrant

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome. Is there a FAQ thread? That way I will try and avoid too many repetive q's.

Size15's

Flashaholic
CPF has a search function that you can use and be quite specific with the search terms.
If a question is asked and CPF have discussed it before our members and/or moderators will often post a link to the threads so they can be read to see whether we have indeed answered your question.

Al

K-T

*Moderator*
Cool, they've got some excellent and detailed pictures on their webpage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dynacolt

Enlightened
Hi warrant (and everyone else), another newbie here (although I've been lurking for a few years)
I have a similar 6P and cooked the lexan when the P91 lamp stayed on just a tad too long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . I emailed Surefire and they replied the next day, they can post out a new lens. That's what I call service and an unlimited warranty.
I love my old 6P and always have it on me, Despite having several new 6P's lying around unused. It's worn and comfortable and doesnt have the angular feel in my hand that the new ("original") 6P's have.