Newly Enlightened
Here is my oldy
FRANCO-1921

DSC03063.jpg

or maybe this unknown one
DSC03100.jpg

Caseman2

Newly Enlightened
Wow I thougth the 2 I just picked up where old. Nice lights guys.

Can anybody tell me anything about mine? (mostly Value?) Not really sure if I am going to keep them.

They are in really Great shape for what they are.

I know the surefire is not old just in there for size ;)

Rayovac Sportsman (looks like a 5D)

Everready Captain 2D

IMG_20120911_155257.jpg

Burgess

Flashaholic
Notice yer' Eveready Captain has the classic " Boat-Tail " switch.

Examine it closely, and you'll see why it got the name.

:)
_

jseklund

Newly Enlightened
That is weird - I just went over to my parent's house and grabbed my "Captain 2D" that has been there forever.

This light is a light that I got when I was about 5-6 years old. My great-grandmother past away and my grandmother and her brother were going through the house she lived in when my dad, brother and I stopped by. My grandmother had a pile of junk out and asked if we wanted anything. I thought the flashlight looked cool, so I grabbed it. I don't think it's had batteries in it since that day - it must have been the beginning of my being a flashaholic and I never realized it. Funny, it just popped into my head the other day and it clicked that it may be completely metal and easy to upgrade while still keeping it's sentimental value...I may just clean it up though and leave it alone...

Johnbaz

Newly Enlightened
I reckon this is the oldest I have, a GEC Safety Torch, it has the MoD broadarrow but no date as such on it..

I bought it about ten years ago at a carboot sale for a fiver or thereabouts, the chap I bought it from had been a military policeman and had used use of a flashlight as a weapon removed - Norm

I was responsible for the red paint, it was overspray when I was pinting something or other in the garage years ago!!

GEC1.jpg

GEC2.jpg

GEC3.jpg

GEC5.jpg

My mum has an old Carbide lamp, Carbide and water is put in the bottom, this produces Acetylene which escapes through a wick in the cemntre of the reflector and produces the light, the wick has an adjuster that allows more wick out for a brighter burn...

Cheers, John :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts