Olight Baton 3 Runtimes

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I couldn't resist and ordered two of these, a red and blue both with the case. Seems like a really great little
light, would be perfect with a neutral tint and the ability to use any 16340 or 123 but those are small negatives compared to big positives.

My S1R II works with a 123 but only on moon, low and medium. It also works the 3.2v rcr123's from surefire (I don't have other 16340's), but will not stay on turbo. I like the idea of carrying a spare cell with the s1r but the custom cell make it a bit of a hassle, the baton 3 solves that with much better battery life and the portable case. I'm excited to get mine in the mail.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Megalamuffin;[URL="tel:5447841" said:
5447841[/URL]]I couldn't resist and ordered two of these, a red and blue both with the case. Seems like a really great little
light, would be perfect with a neutral tint and the ability to use any 16340 or 123 but those are small negatives compared to big positives.

My S1R II works with a 123 but only on moon, low and medium. It also works the 3.2v rcr123's from surefire (I don't have other 16340's), but will not stay on turbo. I like the idea of carrying a spare cell with the s1r but the custom cell make it a bit of a hassle, the baton 3 solves that with much better battery life and the portable case. I'm excited to get mine in the mail.

I am a bit disappointed that it cannot run a regular battery... I wasn't planning on carrying it for EDC but was looking at it for my get-home bag. The runtimes on a regular batter would be remarkable😎

Regardless, I am looking forward to it and think it represents some pretty excellent engineering to achieve the runtimes it achieves with a 550 MAH battery🤯

ChibiM

Enlightened
I did a review on it; Here are the runtime with the original battery
JwY4e2u.png

Here is a screenshot of the first 1.5 hours
OkAaPS7.png

And for any other details, have a look at my review here: https://1lumen.com/review/olight-s1r-iii-baton-3/

wjv

Enlightened
>

anyway, who cares about runtime specs?

I Do!

Runtime to 50% is very important to me.

I'd rather have 800L for 3.5 hours -> 50% than 3,200L for 3.5 minutes which then drops to 1,100 for 1.8 hours.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a screenshot of the first 1.5 hours
OkAaPS7.png

And for any other details, have a look at my review here: https://1lumen.com/review/olight-s1r-iii-baton-3/

great info! thanks :)

Runtime to 50% is very important to me.

Baton output is flat regulated.. the drop to 50% of initial output comes at the very end of the runtime. The drop to 10% of initial output happens at the same time.

Baton 3 High Mode output is
300 lumens for 1.5 hours
(to 50% and also to 10%)

Last edited:

Latest posts