Olight H2R Nova Quick Review (New Improved Tailcap Available Now! See post #32)

maukka

Enlightened
Re: Olight H2R Nova Quick Review

No way to know what you're going to get, but I think the current NW versions have a color temperature of 4500-5000K.

powerfull-headlamp-olight-h2r-12-900x900.jpg

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

Excellent review. Some have reported the NW as 5000Kish. Is there a way to know before hand if the NW version will turn out to be Warm or Neutral? Apologies if it has already been answered above, as I have skipped the majority of discussion. I will buy right away if I am sure I will get the warm tint version.
+1 to what maukka said.
the serial number on my unit is NH05251169, perhaps if you can find something close, you may have a greater chance of getting a warm version. another option is asking the seller to check for you, tho only a handful of seller will do that. Good luck. :)

ScottJ

Newly Enlightened

... there are no visible differences between the old and the new H2R tailcap, not sure if Olight will make any visual changes to the packaging or the light itself.

Thanks for that and the description of the test. I'd surmised that'd be the way. My light arrived last week and I'm quite pleased with it, though I have occasionally run into the same thing others have described ... a light touch at the rear of the blue bezel around the switch will SOMETIMES (but not always) shut the light down. I've also confirmed I have the old tailcap.

I sent an e-mail to the distributor asking for the new one, and I thought my e-mail had been ignored since I never received a reply of any kind. But today, the new tailcap showed up! Indeed it does look exactly like the old one. Clearly they've inserted a diode into the current path from the center pin, because while it still charges normally, only a few milliamps will flow the other way. I feel much more comfortable with that safety feature.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

@ScottJ, thanks for reporting back. It's comforting to hear you have no problem getting the new tailcap. :thumbsup:

the "light touch at the blue switch ring will sometimes shut off the light" is an issue Olight is aware of as they did ask if I experience the same thing, for which I told them Yes and it's intermittent as I cannot reproduce the exact scenario when will it occur. The only thing consistent about this issue is it seems to occurs when the light is in High and Turbo Mode. I suspect it "may" be due to static... or some mysterious gremlins working inside the switch... :whistle:...

iroast

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the information about the tailcap. Olight has a really cool method to cover the USB port of the X7R; twist tail to review USB port. If they can do that for these magnetic charging system, then that could solve the issue. Just don't make the batteries non-removable like the X7R :D

Fire/medic

Newly Enlightened

Excellent review. Some have reported the NW as 5000Kish. Is there a way to know before hand if the NW version will turn out to be Warm or Neutral? Apologies if it has already been answered above, as I have skipped the majority of discussion. I will buy right away if I am sure I will get the warm tint version.

I bought the NW and it's definitely more 5000k. My NW zebralight h600w makes this light look blue-ish. But I have other cool white light that make this look neutral. The brighter the mode, the more neutral is looks tho. The power and beam pattern smoothness it freakin amazing!